IGNORED

Daily Accountability Thread

not on the rug

Busy weekend for us.  Lots of work, sports, etc.  

Saturday I fasted all morning, stopped at Buck Hill for a late lunch and had a wedge salad with a double order of grilled chicken.  Fasted for the rest of the day, which turned in to a 26 hour fast since I didn't eat until 5pm on Sunday.  I reverse seared a 3lb tomahawk ribeye and grilled 5lbs of skirt steak.  Total meat feast.  Sleep was lousy last night, but I'm pushing through at the office today.  I'll be doing my intensity lifts when I get home today:  2x5 squat, 2x5 bench, 2x5 press, 1x5 deadlift and 3x8 rows

Feeling back to normal after covid, had a few solid workouts this weekend. 

200 pushups 

200 squats 

10 min of Abs work. 

Both Friday & Saturday.  Sunday worked on a few houses. Today back with the weights. 

1 hour ago, not on the rug said:

I need to learn how to surf.  I think I'm going to take some lessons this summer

Been at it for a long time. Taught my animals as soon as they could stand. I'm in no way ready for Hawaii but winter or summer I find it very relaxing. Go online and you'll find endless lessons and advice.  

• 5 weeks later...

Still doing my 3 day a week Lifting routine. Whole Body each time- Monday- Wednesday- Friday.

Tomorrow, I will be doing the " Archer" Pulls with the older all metal Cables with 2 Handles.

Each Spring is 20lbs Pull and,I  have 5 of them. I pull them a few inches at Eye Level back. Both sides of course. So- 100lbs pull.

Martial Arts Training before the Weights.

Been enjoying Green Tea at night.  

Weight holding at 241lbs.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

• 3 weeks later...

I took some time away from the site because I was busy in real life, so that's why this thread died out.  Since I'm on the site more now I'll try to keep it more active.  

I've been following a mostly carnivore diet for the past few months.  Nothing but meat, seafood and eggs.  Maybe veggies 1-2x per week and some wild blueberries 2-3x per week.  

Still lifting 3x/wk, squat, deadlift, bench press,  overhead press,  barbell row and chinups.  That's it.  

However, I have a friend who coaches the Olympic lifts, so I decided to start training with him once a week.  I've never even attempted any of the olympic lifts in my life, so this was brand new.  I started out with learning the hang-clean, then we went to a clean from the floor and then added the press in.  So at the end of the workout, I was doing the clean and press...sort of.  It's awkward and unusual and I did my best.  My buddy said I did far better than most folks do on their first session,so that's a positive.  Going to be doing this with him every Wednesday now.

Food today...I fasted 21 hours,  made a quick smoothie out of frozen wild blueberries,  protein powder, local raw honey, some cinnamon and water.  Drank that and a cup of coffee before the workout. After the workout, I had turkey hash, made with sweet potatoes, red onions, leftover turkey I smoked and some garlic.  Served it with some over-easy eggs.  

Edited by not on the rug

10 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

I took some time away from the site because I was busy in real life, so that's why this thread died out.  Since I'm on the site more now I'll try to keep it more active.  

I've been following a mostly carnivore diet for the past few months.  Nothing but meat, seafood and eggs.  Maybe veggies 1-2x per week and some wild blueberries 2-3x per week.  

Still lifting 3x/wk, squat, deadlift, bench press,  overhead press,  barbell row and chinups.  That's it.  

However, I have a friend who coaches the Olympic lifts, so I decided to start training with him once a week.  I've never even attempted any of the olympic lifts in my life, so this was brand new.  I started out with learning the hang-clean, then we went to a clean from the floor and then added the press in.  So at the end of the workout, I was doing the clean and press...sort of.  It's awkward and unusual and I did my best.  My buddy said I did far better than most folks do on their first session,so that's a positive.  Going to be doing this with him every Wednesday now.

Food today...I fasted 21 hours,  made a quick smoothie out of frozen wild blueberries,  protein powder, local raw honey, some cinnamon and water.  Drank that and a cup of coffee before the workout. After the workout, I had turkey hash, made with sweet potatoes, red onions, leftover turkey I smoked and some garlic.  Served it with some over-easy eggs.  

Olympic lifting is fantastic. Truly a whole body workout if done properly. Form is everything. Good luck and enjoy

Keeping up with things...eating clean...getting my training sessions done, etc.  It's been a slow uphill battle for the past year or so to regain my health,  but for the first time in a long time, I'm feeling pretty good. 

Been following along with something called 75 Hard for the past few weeks.  The gist of it is that you participate in daily activities in order to build mental fortitude and resiliency, something that most folks lack.  I consider myself pretty mentally tough, but this has been fairly challenging.  

For 75 hard, you:

-Follow a diet...nothing specific, just no cheats

-work out 2x/day for at least 45 minutes and 1 workout has to be outdoors 

-drink 1 gallon of water daily 

-no alcohol 

-read 10 pages of non-fiction daily

-take a 5 minute cold shower daily

-take daily progress photos

-perform random acts of kindness

Edited by not on the rug