Daily Accountability Thread

Rusty's COVID 19 thread got me thinking...

We need a place that everyone can come to share their health and fitness goals and maybe find a little motivation to get through a training session or maybe to make it through their day.  Feel free to share your diets, training plans, progress pics, ask questions, give advice, etc.  

1 minute ago, not on the rug said:

Rusty's COVID 19 thread got me thinking...

We need a place that everyone can come to share their health and fitness goals and maybe find a little motivation to get through a training session or maybe to make it through their day.  Feel free to share your diets, training plans, progress pics, ask questions, give advice, etc.  

No more ice cream during the week, only 1 cup on Sundays after prayers.

I'll go first.  It's Friday and I'm pretty beat.  Haven't slept well at all this week.  I have a lot of work to do, errands to run and I need to find some motivation to get through my lifting session today.  I plan on getting started in an hour or so.  Rather get it done early than delay.  Going to lift in a fasted state, then break the fast with a small protein shake...protein, water, ice,  banana, raw cacao, cinnamon, turmeric, black pepper and a little kefir.  Planning on some Strip Steaks for dinner

Fitness Goals - Get down to 170lbs, currently at 183lbs so pretty manageable I think. 

Increase cardio stamina to be able to run an hour straight, distance not really important at the moment.

Increase strength so that I can do 10-15 pull ups and 75-100 push ups in as little reps as possible. 

Plan is to eat in a calorie deficit at around 1900 calories and then adjust based on progress. 

Strength train 3 times a week

Cardio sessions 2 times a week.

I’m at 232 this AM after getting to heaviest ever weight of 241 this past weekend 

Guna try to get down to 200 by summer cape cod vacation n beat my bro in laws at best manwich contest on the beach!

also guna try n do some cardio n strength training as I feel myself breathing heavy doing light activity like climbing stairs

wife bought me a smart watch to count my steps too....but during the week I’m barely cracking 3000 steps....but weekend hunting excursions gets me to my target 10,000 steps easily....so I need to be more active during the week

COVID times has been very weird around my household....we used to be a very active household doing many activities....now we find ourselves sitting around a lot glued to our phones!!  I’m disgusted by it n recreational electronic dependency (RED) was always a big fear of mine, n it’s taken hold now...as I type away on NjWW!!!  Lol

About 8 years ago I started my weight loss journey at 310 lbs. I worked out with a trainer 2 days a week for 1 hour and they supplied me with a meal plan. I was eating at a pretty severe caloric deficit and I lost 100 lbs in 9 months. My goal is to continue to workout 5 days a week for at least 1 hour and track all of my meals. I do intermittent fasting and all meals are tracked through MyFitnessPal. My only goal now is to stay on top of it and maintain my weight but enjoy myself as well. 

Edited by BillW0323
3 hours ago, not on the rug said:

I'll go first.  It's Friday and I'm pretty beat.  Haven't slept well at all this week.  I have a lot of work to do, errands to run and I need to find some motivation to get through my lifting session today.  I plan on getting started in an hour or so.  Rather get it done early than delay.  Going to lift in a fasted state, then break the fast with a small protein shake...protein, water, ice,  banana, raw cacao, cinnamon, turmeric, black pepper and a little kefir.  Planning on some Strip Steaks for dinner

You lost me until you said strip steaks:cook2:

I feel great considering all my disk herniations in cervical and lumbar spine!    By the book I am "overweight" but definitely do not feel it at 5-9 and 185.   I can still bang out slight incline pushup sets of 45 then 40, 50 leg raises hanging by my elbows in the straps, 2 sets of pulldowns, 2 sets of rows, some leg extensions (all on universal) and try to get in two vodka martini's before dinner, which seems to be doing a great job of keeping Covid at bay.    My weight lifting days are over, as trying to extend these shoulders and elbows to be able to keep drawing a 60# bow.  Benching killed me by age 52, have not lifted in 4 years and just do the other stuff.    Can hike or brisk walk 10 miles without breaking a sweat. 

My EKG is perfect and have a CALCIUM score of zero.  

What else should I be doing?