IGNORED

Daily Accountability Thread

not on the rug

44 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

No.  The opposite is true.  Fasting tells your body to burn the fat storage you have and also burn ketones.  

You, and most others, experience the opposite effects and the urge to binge because you're used to primarily burning carbohydrates as fuel.  As the body becomes adapted to burning fat and ketones, those urges go away.  

Recent fasting studies show that people who eat one meal daily or two meals within a short window (4-6hrs) can actually eat several hundred calories above their typical caloric intake and not store it as adipose tissue.  The fasting improves insulin sentitivity and therefore improves nutrient partitioning 

Got any literature on this?  Not challenging your statement, I am interested in reading more about it.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

On 4/26/2021 at 2:46 PM, Farmshine said:

Just curious. How do you combat insomnia? I’ve tried alcohol, NyQuil , melatonin but Ambien is the only thing that helps me. I use it as sparingly as possible but it really would be nice to get better sleep more often without medicine. Rotating Shift work makes it tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CBD in honey will send you lights out

Relatively easy day today.  Just 7hrs at the office and kiddo has lax practice later.

Going to break my fast shortly with some grilled grass-fed burger patties and smoked gouda cheese.  Have some yoga planned for later.  

Get outside and enjoy this sunshine everyone!  Get some Vitamin D

27 minutes ago, 20a said:

Yesterday was the first big lift session in about a month or so (was focusing on running). Chest and shoulders are as sore as could be. Feeling under the weather today too, so will just loaf around today and drink lots of water.

Big squat day tomorrow.

What type of lifting program are you doing?

10 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

What type of lifting program are you doing?

For the next 2 weeks or so I will do push, pull, legs 3 times a week just to get back into the swing of things. Lots of stretching too. 

Then ill move over to the standard chest tri, back/bi, shoulder, legs split. High weight lower reps. Ill mix in a CrossFit class here and there when I am feeling a little bored. 

The above are just guidelines, sometimes the body is calling for a low weight high rep day. I listen and the results have been pretty good so far. 

Nice.  I typically run a bit of a bastardized Heavy/Light/Medium program, similar to the old Bill Star program.  

With my schedule being as hectic as it has been, I've switched to only lifting 2x/week with essentially an Intensity Day and a Volume Day.  Like an even more bastardized version of the HLM plan.  So Monday, Intensity Day, I do 2 top sets of Squat, Bench and Press, 1 top set of deadlifts and 3 sets of BB Rows.  The squat/bench/press/DL are sets of 5.  The rows are sets of 8.  I add weight to the exercise each monday. 

On Thursday, Volume Day, I do 4 top sets of Squat, Bench and Press at somewhere between 80-85% of Monday's weight.  Then I do 8 sets of chins.  

1 hour ago, 20a said:

For the next 2 weeks or so I will do push, pull, legs 3 times a week just to get back into the swing of things. Lots of stretching too. 

Then ill move over to the standard chest tri, back/bi, shoulder, legs split. High weight lower reps. Ill mix in a CrossFit class here and there when I am feeling a little bored. 

The above are just guidelines, sometimes the body is calling for a low weight high rep day. I listen and the results have been pretty good so far. 

I find with age much benefit to lighter weight and higher reps. And stretching is a must 

8 minutes ago, OldMenRule said:

I'm embarrassed to say I've watched this thing four times and I'm still laughing. Clearly I'm disturbed but its damn funny..

You're not as disturbed as the guy who posted it.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.