IGNORED

TIME TO BOYCOTT CABELAS AND ANY STORE THAT WILL NOT SELL AMMO TO NJ

bushden

26 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Cabela's/Bass Pro doesn't pay if they lose a court case, their insurance policy does.  Yes, their policy will increase if they are sued often and lose their cases, but it doesn't come off the bottom line other than their attorney fees.  

YOU ARE CORRECT.  The bottom line here is SUPPORT YOUR  LOCAL SPORTING GOODS SHOPS they need us more than ever, if they go out of business we all loose.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

24 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Cabela's/Bass Pro doesn't pay if they lose a court case, their insurance policy does.  Yes, their policy will increase if they are sued often and lose their cases, but it doesn't come off the bottom line other than their attorney fees.  

6 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

There is no indication whatsoever that Bass Pro is faltering over lawsuits.  Bass Pro/Cabela's is faltering because of market saturation and over development as those formerly separate companies went toe to toe in the marketplace for decades.  Big box stores with the exception so far of Walmart are losing their shirts to other online sales avenues.  And these stores never were the cheap ones on the block, they were big and had lots of cool displays to see and that was their attraction.   

Actually their is other  of publication of lawsuits against Cabelas , not just the one .

as far as insurance m if lawsuits are set above their insurance minimums the company pays the remainder .

just look at what Remington went through , they were much larger and were crushed by lawsuit after lawsuit for making the guns and ammo used for illegal acts of violence across the country .

think about all the checks and balances after their manufacture , yet lawsuits jumped over all them to hit Remington 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Your Mom and Pop store (if there are still some around) cannot compete with the big corporate stores. Sure, you need some ammo they probably have it under normal times. But they are very limited to the items and variety of the corporate stores. How many times have you needed something only to find out they don't have it and you have to order from someone else? You take a ride to the store to buy a few items and find out they only have one or none. Wasted your time. Mom and Pop's worked when there was less variety and items out there. They can never service all your needs.  Nothing wrong with supporting them when possible though. It's a nice thought but not practical. 

Edited by archer36

4 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Your Mom and Pop store (if there are still some around) cannot compete with the big corporate stores. Sure, you need some ammo they probably have it under normal times. But they are very limited to the items and variety of the corporate stores. How many times have you needed something only to find out they don't have it and you have to order from someone else? You take a ride to the store to buy a few items and find out they only have one or none. Wasted your time. Mom and Pop's worked when there was less variety and items out there. They can never service all your needs.  Nothing wrong with supporting them when possible though. 

So very true and so very sad. Those stores will eventually wither on the vine as a new generation who only knows online shopping comes of age. I'd like to turn the clock back to Sam Drucker's general store and a more simple time.

50 minutes ago, buckhound said:

you do understand if any shop sells ammo that is used in a crime of any kind they can be sued . that is my point I think part of this is companies trying not to be sued out of existence.

Lawsuit lawyers suck!.. They would sue their own mother for $$$$__label it's a very powerful word liability. Baker tree stands were the first ones to get hit.what about the lady that won a case against McDonald's because she burnt her lips drinking coffee. Her lawyer argued there was no caution warning on the cup.. hot..:banghead:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Now that one party has complete control it won't take long to...

End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions. Bxxxx will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts.

Hold gun manufacturers accountable. In 2005, then-Senator Bxxxx voted against the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, but gun manufacturers successfully lobbied Congress to secure its passage. This law protects these manufacturers from being held civilly liable for their products – a protection granted to no other industry. Bxxxx will prioritize repealing this protection.

22 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

There is no indication whatsoever that Bass Pro is faltering over lawsuits.  Bass Pro/Cabela's is faltering because of market saturation and over development as those formerly separate companies went toe to toe in the marketplace for decades.  Big box stores with the exception so far of Walmart are losing their shirts to other online sales avenues.  And these stores never were the cheap ones on the block, they were big and had lots of cool displays to see and that was their attraction.   

do you really think a smart properly run company is going to wait till they are in trouble to make changes they see coming a mile away especially when lawmakers are saying this is how we will get rid of guns?? think of it as preventative maintenance..

Just now, hunterbob1 said:

Lawsuit lawyers suck!.. They would sue their own mother for $$$$__label it's a very powerful word liability. Baker tree stands were the first ones to get hit.what about the lady that won a case against McDonald's because she burnt her lips drinking coffee. Her lawyer argued there was no caution warning on the cup.. hot..:banghead:

No doubt .

‘all warnings we read on products like don’t drink tinks  69 etc are because some fool did and sued ..

when comes to treestands , think how much cheaper they would be without the free harness and Safty ropes .

‘for guys that hunt a lot we have boxes of unused harnesses that we actually paid for 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

6 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Your Mom and Pop store (if there are still some around) cannot compete with the big corporate stores. Sure, you need some ammo they probably have it under normal times. But they are very limited to the items and variety of the corporate stores. How many times have you needed something only to find out they don't have it and you have to order from someone else? You take a ride to the store to buy a few items and find out they only have one or none. Wasted your time. Mom and Pop's worked when there was less variety and items out there. They can never service all your needs.  Nothing wrong with supporting them when possible though. 

Before the pandemic ,I was able to get all the ammo I needed locally, once the hoarding slows down, caused by the apocalypses hounds we should be able to readily get ammo again locally. I personally use Cheyenne Mountain Outfitters and under normal circumstances have always gotten what I needed. We got to support the locals, the big chain stores dont care about us at all until they stop making money.

HONOR THE FALLEN
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

8 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Lawsuits are out of hand. When I was a kid there were no law suits for every BS injury like today, Everyone today including corporations are driving the cost of everything we use up to pay and the main winners are the LAW FIRMS YOU ARE MAKING BILLIONS ON OUR BACKS.

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN

6 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

unfortunately this is the world we now live in and its destroying businesses look at healthcare I know for a fact insurance because of lawsuits pushed some to retire or be swallowed up by bigger practices

2 minutes ago, bushden said:

Before the pandemic ,I was able to get all the ammo I needed locally, once the hoarding slows down, caused by the apocalypses hounds we should be able to readily get ammo again locally. I personally use Cheyenne Mountain Outfitters and under normal circumstances have always gotten what I needed. We got to support the locals, the big chain stores dont care about us at all until they stop making money.

bingo before the pandemic and if politicians keep it going could be another year before we see normal stockpiles of anything not just ammo.:peace:

1 minute ago, bushden said:

Lawsuits are out of hand. When I was a kid there were no law suits for every BS injury like today, Everyone today including corporations are driving the cost of everything we use up to pay and the main winners are the LAW FIRMS YOU ARE MAKING BILLIONS ON OUR BACKS.

Lawyers are just about the ONLY thing that's not regulated these days. I remember when they couldn't advertise. Now these personal injury and class action suit lawyers are constantly pushing litigation. I remember when I was in New Orleans and Florida, constant barrage of advertisements on TV and big signs on the highways. For the few that have legitimate issues it's great. But this amount of advertising only promotes fraud. 

1 minute ago, buckhound said:

unfortunately this is the world we now live in and its destroying businesses look at healthcare I know for a fact insurance because of lawsuits pushed some to retire or be swallowed up by bigger practices

bingo before the pandemic and if politicians keep it going could be another year before we see normal stockpiles of anything not just ammo.:peace:

The biggest stock pile of anything out there right now is PEOPLE OUT OF WORK STRUGGLING TO MAKE ENDS MEET.  

HONOR THE FALLEN

18 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Your Mom and Pop store (if there are still some around) cannot compete with the big corporate stores. Sure, you need some ammo they probably have it under normal times. But they are very limited to the items and variety of the corporate stores. How many times have you needed something only to find out they don't have it and you have to order from someone else? You take a ride to the store to buy a few items and find out they only have one or none. Wasted your time. Mom and Pop's worked when there was less variety and items out there. They can never service all your needs.  Nothing wrong with supporting them when possible though. It's a nice thought but not practical. 

But, we have the power to break that cycle ... if we buy more stuff from the local guys, they will be able to stock more stuff. It's up to us.

2 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Lawyers are just about the ONLY thing that's not regulated these days. I remember when they couldn't advertise. Now these personal injury and class action suit lawyers are constantly pushing litigation. I remember when I was in New Orleans and Florida, constant barrage of advertisements on TV and big signs on the highways. For the few that have legitimate issues it's great. But this amount of advertising only promotes fraud. 

You are absolutely right!!! Media has been the biggest downfall of our society as we knew it 40 plus years ago.

HONOR THE FALLEN