IGNORED

What's on tap or in the glass tonight?

megavites

6 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

Never had Troon but heard good things. If you like the single hop stuff, The Source in Colts Neck has a "Silo Series" which is their single hop stuff. Everything I've tried from that series was spot on.

I've had their beers...and every time it's been under carbonated. Really pissed me off after third time.

1 hour ago, Hunter115522 said:

Never had Troon but heard good things. If you like the single hop stuff, The Source in Colts Neck has a "Silo Series" which is their single hop stuff. Everything I've tried from that series was spot on.

Troon is pretty damn good. I've had a few of their stouts and they were ridiculous. Some of their pastry stouts are a bit on the sweet side so drinking a whole crowler might be a lot but the last one I drank was probably one of the best pastry stouts I've ever had and I've had quite a few really good pastry stouts, Trillium, Bottle Logic, AC, JWakefield.... 

There IPAs are solid but I wasn't blown away. I'm still waiting to try my first Troon sour.

Best way to get your hands on Troon is to go eat at Brickfarm and get it on tap. In order to actually buy it from Troon you have to be staring at your phone when they post on instagram because it sells out in 30 seconds or so. 

1 hour ago, megavites said:

I've had their beers...and every time it's been under carbonated. Really pissed me off after third time.

I've had a dozen or so different Source IPAs, I was underwhelmed. From under carbonation to strange candy like tastes that didn't fit the profile. They have great marketing but the beer leaves something to be desired.

6 hours ago, newjerseyhunter said:

Troon is pretty damn good. I've had a few of their stouts and they were ridiculous. Some of their pastry stouts are a bit on the sweet side so drinking a whole crowler might be a lot but the last one I drank was probably one of the best pastry stouts I've ever had and I've had quite a few really good pastry stouts, Trillium, Bottle Logic, AC, JWakefield.... 

There IPAs are solid but I wasn't blown away. I'm still waiting to try my first Troon sour.

Best way to get your hands on Troon is to go eat at Brickfarm and get it on tap. In order to actually buy it from Troon you have to be staring at your phone when they post on instagram because it sells out in 30 seconds or so. 

I've heard nothing but great things about their stouts.  They definitely seem to have a cult following. Next time I make my way up to that area I'll be sure to check out Brickfarm, thanks! 

7 minutes ago, BillW0323 said:

Had to go bailout the babysitters family last night due to their snowblower crapping out. After I loaded my snowblower back up and got home I found these beers that they tucked away in my truck. 

00306DC8-2002-4614-B472-38D214F38C2E.jpeg

I love that Double Stuffed from Bolero. It's pretty much an Oreo Stout. If you like Oreos, and beer, you'll love it Bill!

On 1/31/2021 at 8:03 PM, bushden said:

Just kicked back and went for a glass of Hennessy V.S.O.P but was out and had a bottle of Hine V.S.O.P. that I got for Christmas so I am giving it a try and its actually pretty good but not as good as Hennessy VSOP that I usually drink. O well I will just have to suffer through it for a few days.

IMG_2668.JPG

Hennesy is disgusting.   That Hine knocks the socks off of any of the Hennessy products.  Do yourself a favor and buy a bottle of Hine XO.  Fantastic

9 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Hennesy is disgusting.   That Hine knocks the socks off of any of the Hennessy products.  Do yourself a favor and buy a bottle of Hine XO.  Fantastic

No NO No The Hine is OK the Hennessy is better the preferred Cognac is Martel Cordon Bleu XO but I only get it once in a BLEU Moon on special occasions because of the high cost.

xyzzz.jpg

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

7 minutes ago, bushden said:

No NO No The Hine is OK the Hennessy is better the preferred Cognac is Martel Cordon Bleu XO but I only get it once in a BLEU Moon on special occasions because of the high cost.

xyzzz.jpg

Hennessy tastes like turpentine.  I can't believe they can eve stay in business.  Must be because the rappers telling all the kids to drink it.  Hine is smooth and subtle, lot's of caramel, vanilla and butterscotch.   

That Martell is very good, but I don't think as good as Hine XO or Remy XO

Edited by not on the rug

Just now, not on the rug said:

Hennessy tastes like turpentine.  I can't believe they can eve stay in business.  Must be because the rappers telling all the kids to drink it.  Hine is smooth and subtle, lot's of caramel, vanilla and butterscotch.   

That Martell is very good, but I don't think as good as Hine XO or Remy XO

I started drinking Hennessy sometime around the early 60's when my grand father would give it to all the kids during Christmas. His had a special touch, POP would take 1/3 out of the bottle and fill the void with garlic, it was a most potent drink you ever tasted and it was his way of making a man out of us boys. I have been drinking it that way at Christmas every year for over 50 years.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL