IGNORED

Help needed - picking a Vacuum Sealer

Yobuck293

3 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Not sure who added those links to my post .

if buying the avid armor it’s best to buy directly from their site .

they run a bunch of sakes up to about 80 bucks off that price , with free shipping .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 minute ago, hammer4reel said:

Not sure who added those links to my post .

if buying the avid armor it’s best to buy directly from their site .

they run a bunch of sakes up to about 80 bucks off that price , with free shipping .

If you did not it is truly sick hos Amazon is able to imbed their link into your post. 

Hammer do you notice with the thinner bags for the chamber sealer, that they puncture easily? I sous vide a lot and a lot of the meat I do had bones? I was looking at chamber units last night so this thread is great. 

8 hours ago, allmann said:

Hammer do you notice with the thinner bags for the chamber sealer, that they puncture easily? I sous vide a lot and a lot of the meat I do had bones? I was looking at chamber units last night so this thread is great. 

You can buy any thickness mil you want . I would think if doing sharp bones etc you would just buy the thicker bags .

I did lobster claws in 5 mil bags and they didn’t puncture the bags , they did go through the 4 mil bags .

we use mostly 4 mil for everything else we do and they work great , I wouldn’t buy anything thinner 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

You can buy any thickness mil you want . I would think if doing sharp bones etc you would just buy the thicker bags .

I did lobster claws in 5 mil bags and they didn’t puncture the bags , they did go through the 4 mil bags .

we use mostly 4 mil for everything else we do and they work great , I wouldn’t buy anything thinner 

thank you 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 7:43 PM, hammer4reel said:

You will love it for everything especially wet foods .

being able to freeze sauces, soups  etc and having nice flat compact packages when they freeze .

IMO when storing bulk bought items is where these machines really shine as the bags only add pennies to the purchase price , food saver bags adds dollars to those savings .….

I have friends that recently bought them , and found same as me it’s the most used appliance in the kitchen 

Pulled the trigger today for the avid armor usv32. Also ordered 1000 10x12 4mil bags from websturaunt for 80 bucks.

4 hours ago, Greg said:

Pulled the trigger today for the avid armor usv32. Also ordered 1000 10x12 4mil bags from websturaunt for 80 bucks.

I bought this unit last month. It works very well it’s just way too slow for me. One bag takes like 50 seconds to a minute. I think there are units out there which are instant . 

15 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I bought this unit last month. It works very well it’s just way too slow for me. One bag takes like 50 seconds to a minute. I think there are units out there which are instant . 

The best machine takes approx the same time .

you can lower the first stage down to 30 seconds .

if you fill the bags as you seal them it takes that much time and it won’t seem so slow 

Filling all the bags ahead of time and sealing them too soon will also heat up your seal bar too hot .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING