IGNORED

Help needed - picking a Vacuum Sealer

Yobuck293

37 minutes ago, bushden said:

Food saver is the best way to go for the average guy.

26 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Absolutely.

If you use a food saver a lot , the price of the bags pays for the better machine in 1 year .

food saver bags are ridiculously priced , bags for the chamber sealers cost between 3 and 5 cents depending on the quantity purchased .

until you have used each machine you don’t see the difference .

there is no comparison of the end product .

if your only doing a couple bags a month the better machine isn’t worth it .

prime example is buying in bulk , get meats at price X , add cost of the bags of a food saver it’s no longer a great deal .

buy in bulk and use a chamber sealer you add pennies to the purchase price and still have that great deal

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

5 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

If you use a food saver a lot , the price of the bags pays for the better machine in 1 year .

food saver bags are ridiculously priced , bags for the chamber sealers cost between 3 and 5 cents depending on the quantity purchased .

prime example is buying in bulk , get meats at price X , add cost of the bags of a food saver it’s no longer a great deal .

buy in bulk and use a chamber sealer you add pennies to the purchase price and still have that great deal

I see your point Dan and I agree with you,but you're an exception to the rule not everybody catches as much fish and game as you then I could see it paying for itself other than that the average guy occasionally using a FoodSaver the bags don't break the bank. There are less expensive places to buy bags than the ShopRite or Costco.

https://www.thevakshack.com/collections/vacuum-sealer-bags-rolls

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

54 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

I see your point Dan and I agree with you,but you're an exception to the rule not everybody catches as much fish and game as you then I could see it paying for itself other than that the average guy occasionally using a FoodSaver the bags don't break the bank. There are less expensive places to buy bags than the ShopRite or Costco.

https://www.thevakshack.com/collections/vacuum-sealer-bags-rolls

My sister doesn’t hunt or fish , but shops ALOT. At Costco .

buying in bulk she found she saved a lot of money naming the switch to a chamber sealer also .

bags are so cheap I will even seal a package of hot dogs , or a few burgers . With a food saver I threw them out as the bag costed more than the product .

the link you posted bags for FS were approx 27 cents a piece  ( and that’s a great price in comparison to what many places sell for )

. Same bag for chamber sealer is less than 5 cents .

big pack chicken that you put into 4 or more bags costs you and extra buck instead of 20cents .

add up over the course of a year a food saver costs a lot more to operate 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

I bought a Cabelas CG-15 "commercial" sealer about 15 years ago. I've used it countless thousands of times. Game, fish, veggies, store bought bulk items, etc. I've even used it to vacuum pack t-shirts, socks and underwear to make more room it my duffle. I buy the heating elements and rolls of teflon tape in bulk from a company on the internet. It's been a great investment. 

If I was in the market for a new unit though, I'd be looking at a chamber sealer. The time savings alone make it worth it plus being able to use it on liquids and similar.

15 hours ago, Woodsman416 said:

I bought a Cabelas CG-15 "commercial" sealer about 15 years ago. I've used it countless thousands of times. Game, fish, veggies, store bought bulk items, etc. I've even used it to vacuum pack t-shirts, socks and underwear to make more room it my duffle. I buy the heating elements and rolls of teflon tape in bulk from a company on the internet. It's been a great investment. 

If I was in the market for a new unit though, I'd be looking at a chamber sealer. The time savings alone make it worth it plus being able to use it on liquids and similar.

The chamber sealer saves no time. Single bag takes +_ 1 minute 

Edited by Lunatic

7 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

There is this secret spot called the RWD thrift store that I stop at a couple time  a week there is almost always a food saver on the shelves and bags selling seperately. I always buy the bags when I see them and have enough to last the rest of my HUNTING LIFE and my sons and I paid pennies on the dollar for them compared to retail stores and mail order. 

FOR ME ITS THE BEST DEAL IN TOWN. I use what I save to buy more ammo for the future.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

On 8/22/2021 at 3:38 PM, hammer4reel said:

Sorry to hear you had an issue with the AV. 32 

I called avid today and spoke with them about the bar sticking. Said it happens here and there and to keep cycling the unit. It just needs to wear in.

Also said to go ahead and put some kind of lube on it, and I happen have the stuff to use on food equipment. Ran it after and no problems. chamber vac'd everything I could find to test it out.

Now on a side note, I have had this for about 3 weeks. Have made and sealed pasta sauce, chili, buffalo sauce, boneless ribs, pulled pork, and prime rib steaks. I am really liking this thing. We do buy a lot of stuff in bulk and can now seal moist stuff such as chicken no problem. Oh,, and refrig jalapeneo dill pickles in a bag not mason jar.

IMG_0059.JPG

65119329393__2C2C3DAB-0780-407B-A058-A1B1CC89D284.jpeg

65056252185__A65C3503-9056-4155-9801-E9A8EDE7A651.JPG

10 hours ago, Greg said:

I called avid today and spoke with them about the bar sticking. Said it happens here and there and to keep cycling the unit. It just needs to wear in.

Also said to go ahead and put some kind of lube on it, and I happen have the stuff to use on food equipment. Ran it after and no problems. chamber vac'd everything I could find to test it out.

Now on a side note, I have had this for about 3 weeks. Have made and sealed pasta sauce, chili, buffalo sauce, boneless ribs, pulled pork, and prime rib steaks. I am really liking this thing. We do buy a lot of stuff in bulk and can now seal moist stuff such as chicken no problem. Oh,, and refrig jalapeneo dill pickles in a bag not mason jar.

IMG_0059.JPG

65119329393__2C2C3DAB-0780-407B-A058-A1B1CC89D284.jpeg

65056252185__A65C3503-9056-4155-9801-E9A8EDE7A651.JPG

Liquids and wet foods are no problem for chamber sealer . 

def never looking back on ever using a vacuum sealer . 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING