IGNORED

5-18 check in

Greybeard

Took a flyer this morning, I'm at a spot i never hunted turkey before. I know they are in the wider area but not sure about this spot. So far nadda. Been here pre-dawn. Just tweetie birds. Looking to move soon before i have to get to work

10 minutes ago, BHC said:

A vocal hen, crows sounding off but no gobbling heard not even far off....these mountain birds are smart and clever SOBs

Yup.  All I hunt is mnt birds.  Many will come in silent and not make a peep.  If they are talking they will go silent right before they make an appearance and come from a direction that of course is not the direction your barrel is pointing in....haha! 

5 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

Every time I'm working a bird this morning, a bear shows up!  Seen 7 different bears this morning already!!

Yeah I've had that happen....they're coming in looking for an egg breakfast......

53 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

Ive always been a bear magnet, they follow me around the woods!  I have not gone one day in the last two weeks without seeing at least one bear a day. All different areas too

It's only going to keep getting worse with no bear hunting on state lands.  Before the bear hunt opened, I was seeing at least one a day and sometimes 5 or more, no deer bait.  They were tracking me to my spot or following right behind me, and I got charged once.  Not looking forward to dealing with that again.