IGNORED

5/10/2020 shad report

JHbowhunter

I have had great luck with Hodgeman neoprene .

recently bought a pair of Frog tog canvas and really like them for warmer water , but their boots don’t have much support:

I have a few pairs of stocking foot, but it’s tough finding wide enough wading boots for my feet .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

34 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I have a few pairs of stocking foot, but it’s tough finding wide enough wading boots for my feet .

Some makers have them in wide widths. If you go a size or two up it should compensate for the extra width.

By all accounts it has been one of those years. The water temps have everything to do with it. You have to hit them right in the face with it for them to react. A lot of reports of guys who normally hammer them getting few results up and down the river. Consider a half dozen a good day I guess.

On 5/11/2020 at 1:30 PM, hammer4reel said:

I wear EEEE.

Most only go to EE

Dan I inquired to  a few boot makers and only got this response thus far:

Hey Michael,

Our G3 boots and our Freestone boots are going to be our widest options, both of which are 3E.

Best regards,

Matt Dana
You get one life. Fish It Well.
Simms Customer Care Team
SIMMS FISHING PRODUCTS

What wading shoe products do you have in EEE widths

If you have the $$ to spend you really can’t go wrong with the Simms USA made products or Dan Bailey’s. I had two pairs of DB for many years with no seam leaks! All breathables will sooner or later leak what you get with higher priced waders are better seams and thicker material with more layers. Non seam leaks are very easy to repair. I cheaped  out with LL Beans mid range and after 2.5 yrs I am getting some leaks. On sale for $185 normally around $250. Going to try Simms next or back to Dan Bailey. 
I haven’t worn Neoprene waders in a very long time and will never go back to them they suck in any weather other than winter. 

On 5/11/2020 at 6:42 AM, hammer4reel said:

Fished right by you as you know .’made four different moves to 4 different seams .

different depths , not a bump .

out of all the boats below me , only one shad was boated .

you were catching on the bottom where you were , everything I marked was 3 foot off the bottom .

was decent marks coming through . 

.wind mid river was insane , blowing the boat up against the current .

the section above Smithfield , the wind had that stretch pushed into 2 1/2’waves.

what a shitty ride it was through that area. Has to jump up on top and try and stay there .

was good to get the old gas burned out of the gas lines . Motor missed a little first few minutes out .

then ran like a champ .

got to fool around a little with the Ulterra trolling motor with spot lock .

may start using that instead of anchoring .

Any striper action?

13 minutes ago, Scotty155 said:

Any striper action?

Bite in the bay has been ok , not as good as a few weeks ago .

ocean run seems very late . Very little bait inshore .

I will probably sea bass off shore this weekend , curious to see if there is bunker outside the fence

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/