IGNORED

No keeper bass, but a great day out !!

Msgdan

Finally a day without crazy winds !!!   After my last few trips that I almost got blown off  the bay....today was a pleasure.........Launched before sunrise and wound up with at least 20 bass.......and not one keeper !!     I told my wife that I would be bringing home striped bass for dinner....that was a mistake.....LOL.......I had at least 5 fish I had to measure ...and everyone was at 27 inches !!    UGH....It was still a great morning to be out, except for the 15 minute hail storm....but the fish were biting through it,   so I almost didn't notice it.

I also came across a 6 or 7 foot, dead sturgeon that seagulls were trying to get at.....such an amazing looking fish......wonder if it got hit by a boat ???    

It looks like it could be a few more days before getting out again.....but looking forward to every trip on the water....

RIMG1133.jpg

20200423_061807.jpg

20200423_092138.jpg

20200423_092055.jpg

Danny V

Sturgeon are an old fish!!  

Dinosaurlike!!  

With that mouth structure on the bottom of the head built for scavenging....its species is many thousands or more years older than say a fish that has evolved to have a mouth structure centrally located in its head more apt at chasing prey.....as more prey evolved to be chased.