IGNORED

Truck Mods - Are They Worth It?

yoda4x4

Sorry guys. My old ass can't live without these creature comforts anymore. Remote start, 120V power in the cab, and 120V in the bed all came on my 2019 F350. I added AMP retractable power-steps, Pace Edwards power bed cover, and LED lamps everywhere.
Nothing wrong with that if they are worth it to you (and can afford it).

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, yoda4x4 said:

Bed lights are a great addition, but fortunately for me, my truck comes with a bed light located at the top back of the cab that lights up the bed and was factory installed.

David

These bed lights are a little different.  If you have a cover on the bed that top light in the back won't do the trick.  I have LED lights installed (stock) in the bed with a switch.  I can light up the entire bed underneath the cover and see everything.  Best invention ever.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

LED lights in the bed if you don't have them already. My GMC Sierra has them and they great loading deer in the back of the bed or working out of the bed. 

Edited by Tarhunt

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

I did a lot to my truck, my favorite mods, in order, are:

2in level kit on the front

nitto ridge grappler tires/fuel wheels

tri-fold hard locking tonneau cover

bed extender

tailgate assist

I attached some pics of the truck after the level kit, tires/rims, and the cover. The cover folds 100% up giving you full bed access. I will never own a pickup without a hard folding cover again. All that being said.. this truck is a lemon and Ford is buying it back lol

Screenshot_20200421-194010_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200421-193951_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200421-193413_Gallery.jpg

Aloha yoda & Jersey Brethren!

Traded in my 2009 for a ‘19 Tacoma here in Hawaii. The numbers of lifted/ modded Tacomas here are outrageous. There are endless mods you can do to your Taco to make it more enjoyable for you,  but none will improve resale value. I’ve had my truck for  a year and still modding, lifted, rims/tires, hidden led bar/lights, custom grille, pedal commmander, Morimoto headlights, amped subwoofer, Meso black out kits, puddle lights..yadda, yaddda, yadda... Very addicting and money not wisely spent. Meanwhile I still need to buy a new fridge for the Mrs for some time.😎 Not sure what year or trim you have but I’ve found my BEST Taco upgrades to be SUMA wide angle directional side view mirrors with backlit turning signals. Simple, cheap, useful and mirrors are tinted blue👍 and the hidden bumper light bar by Caliraised. Bumper led bar turns night into day.

BTW I have a Start-X plug & play remote starter (without cellular addition) for my 2019. Installed and removed same day. Won’t work with my truck due to after market car alarm. You’re welcome to have it, for free..collecting dust. I have other extra parts too.Send me a PM if interested 

Stay safe and God bless!

Aloha yoda & Jersey Brethren!
Traded in my 2009 for a ‘19 Tacoma here in Hawaii. The numbers of lifted/ modded Tacomas here are outrageous. There are endless mods you can do to your Taco to make it more enjoyable for you,  but none will improve resale value. I’ve had my truck for  a year and still modding, lifted, rims/tires, hidden led bar/lights, custom grille, pedal commmander, Morimoto headlights, amped subwoofer, Meso black out kits, puddle lights..yadda, yaddda, yadda... Very addicting and money not wisely spent. Meanwhile I still need to buy a new fridge for the Mrs for some time.[emoji41] Not sure what year or trim you have but I’ve found my BEST Taco upgrades to be SUMA wide angle directional side view mirrors with backlit turning signals. Simple, cheap, useful and mirrors are tinted blue[emoji106] and the hidden bumper light bar by Caliraised. Bumper led bar turns night into day.

BTW I have a Start-X plug & play remote starter (without cellular addition) for my 2019. Installed and removed same day. Won’t work with my truck due to after market car alarm. You’re welcome to have it, for free..collecting dust. I have other extra parts too.Send me a PM if interested 

Stay safe and God bless!

Hi Lemmy and thank you for the kind offer. I've got a 2020 TRD Sport, and am well aware of the endless mods you can do to it from things like adding minor components up to and including twin turbos.

I've seen the Cali Raised light bar kit and while it looks like a great product, I have a severe distaste for the fact that they remove the 2 plastic wind deflectors whereas the Diode Dynamic's doesn't require you to eliminate nor drill into any part of the truck. The only downsides to DD's is they're like $100 more expensive and the switch they use is kind of cheap looking.

David

I would say if youre 18-25 then tricking out your truck is for you ........otherewise waste of money.........you never get what you spend back.......

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

I would say if youre 18-25 then tricking out your truck is for you ........otherewise waste of money.........you never get what you spend back.......
I'm not going to knock you for your opinion; you're entitled to it. But I'd like for you to consider the fact that not all mods are created equal. For me, some mods are a waste but the mods that help me out and/or make my life easier are well worth it. But then again, I will never knock someone for modifying their truck to make it personal to them.

David

1 hour ago, MRMCR said:

"Tricking out?"  The guy wasn't talking about adding ground effects, hydraulics, underbody lights and spinners-he was asking about functional stuff.  I've added an onboard battery maintainer, headache rack, auxiliary brake and reverse lights and 35" mud terrains to my 2012 F250 thus far and everything does what I need it to do.  I'll probably own this truck for the next 20 years and don't care if I get a dime back out of it.   

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

Im just saying I see alot of young kids spend money on a bunch of crap......and you never get it back.........I had a remote starter once and that was nice in the winter.........20 years on a single truck .......I get tired of mine after 5 years......

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

1 hour ago, MRMCR said:

Im just saying I see alot of young kids spend money on a bunch of crap......and you never get it back.........

You get it back as the experience.  Most mods dramatically increase user experience or smiles per hour.  It is what it is.  A vehicle is not an investment.  Never was and never will be.  My current daily driver and 555hp.  I can't wait to spend more money and get it to nearly 700hp.  Is it a wise investment? Nope...but I work hard, am financially responsible and I only spend money on hunting gear, car stuff and traveling.  Those are the things I like.  The rest is for my family.  I love when I push the button, it growls to life and when I step on it I'm grinning from ear to ear

Edited by not on the rug