IGNORED

How about those college Spring Breakers?

Batsto

Our next door neighbor's freshman daughter is one of the culprits.  She is home now.  Her issue is her parents are prototypical helicopter parents, so when she went away to Penn State last fall, it was another Girls Gone Wild video.  Suddenly there are tattoos, a belly piercing, and then spring break in Florida.  Our daughter was raised the old fashioned way.  She came home for break knowing it was not safe to travel, and she had plans originally to fly to Spain to hang with her cousin for their spring breaks.....

First off if i was paying 50K a year for my kid to go to college and they were down there for spring break i would cut off the cash flow and stick my fucking foot up their ass. This nothing to do with some of the guys comments on here at their age i would go on spring break. That was a different time now you can't leave your home.

I get the whole kids are kids point. But this is simply a case of if you allow YOUR kids to be kids, it may very well cost a family member their lives. More importantly it may cost someone else’s family member to lose theirs. The parents of the kids who are on spring break have no control. And although I’m not old by any means, it aggravates the shit outta me. And honestly as we see on daily basis, it could very well be the difference between life and death. The places that are hotspots for spring break, need to buckle down and shut it down. This is no joke. I personally  know a family affected by the virus, and others currently in quarantine bc of it. 

Just got back from dropping my wife off at the shore so she could ride down to Florida with her brother.   They are driving straight through tonight to try to see their mother before she passes.  Worried they stay awake... worried if they can even get in to see her... worried if one of them should get this virus down there.  Florida is suppose to be a fun trip.  Then my son wants to drive down with me for the funeral.  That would be great if the kids weren't just sick and he didn't have a dry cough, and his wife wasn't so sick yesterday she couldn't get out of bed .  Could be anything, but it's more worries.  I'll be glad when this is all over.

I'll open up the can of worms since I'm one who's on spring break in my senior year. I had plans to Cancun, Key West, and the east coast of Florida. I hate the beach which is why I ultimately decided to come home and play golf everyday since Sunday instead. All my buddies still went to Cancun and the ones with their boats have been enjoying themselves out in the gulf and in The Atlantic. I find it pretty comical how people in this thread are calling for punishments to the kids. Florida beaches are open for business. Nothing illegal about still having their spring break. I'd bet a majority in this thread would be doing the same thing if this came about in their late teens early 20s. Is it selfish? Who knows. That can be argued for days.  Idk I'm more of a shoot first ask questions later kind of person. Haven't shut my life down in the past and don't plan on shutting it down now for the possibility of contracting anything.....rant over....lay it on me 

17 minutes ago, Tbryant said:

I'll open up the can of worms since I'm one who's on spring break in my senior year. I had plans to Cancun, Key West, and the east coast of Florida. I hate the beach which is why I ultimately decided to come home and play golf everyday since Sunday instead. All my buddies still went to Cancun and the ones with their boats have been enjoying themselves out in the gulf and in The Atlantic. I find it pretty comical how people in this thread are calling for punishments to the kids. Florida beaches are open for business. Nothing illegal about still having their spring break. I'd bet a majority in this thread would be doing the same thing if this came about in their late teens early 20s. Is it selfish? Who knows. That can be argued for days.  Idk I'm more of a shoot first ask questions later kind of person. Haven't shut my life down in the past and don't plan on shutting it down now for the possibility of contracting anything.....rant over....lay it on me 

Glad I'm not your golf ball.:rofl:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

27 minutes ago, Tbryant said:

Sorry but I see nothing comical about this 

49 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Just got back from dropping my wife off at the shore so she could ride down to Florida with her brother.   They are driving straight through tonight to try to see their mother before she passes.  Worried they stay awake... worried if they can even get in to see her... worried if one of them should get this virus down there.  Florida is suppose to be a fun trip.  Then my son wants to drive down with me for the funeral.  That would be great if the kids weren't just sick and he didn't have a dry cough, and his wife wasn't so sick yesterday she couldn't get out of bed .  Could be anything, but it's more worries.  I'll be glad when this is all over.

Very sorry to here about your troubles. Keep you chin up it will all work out

1 minute ago, smittty said:

Very sorry to here about your troubles. Keep you chin up it will all work out

Thanks!  Would be a lot worse if I wasn't retired and was out of work right now.  I feel worse for those with no jobs, trying to make ends meet