IGNORED

Things healthy people do. #5 - 9.

Rusty

It matters little if you work and interact with people who pull you down intellectually and give you stress.  People who raise your thinking and remove stress from your life can add years to your life. It really is a combination of factors that add to longevity and health.  NJ is not a place that reduces stress so getting out of here is one way to live longer. 

4 hours ago, Rusty said:

That beer was very good, but what I'm really impressed with is that firewood.  That's some good looking firewood right there!  

Yeah, I might need another load of cherry this year.  House smells GREAT!  :) 

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

3.  A sense of purpose:

People that wake up each day looking forward to something they need to do live longer healthier lives. 

4.  When you eat:

People in these areas knew about intermittent fasting before it was cool and trendy.  The evening meal is small and they don’t eat again until the next day. 

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

3.  A sense of purpose:

People that wake up each day looking forward to something they need to do live longer healthier lives. 

4.  When you eat:

People in these areas knew about intermittent fasting before it was cool and trendy.  The evening meal is small and they don’t eat again until the next day. 

Is #3 why you are keeping us in suspense?  I need to find out what is 5-8 today.  I feel so much better already.

5.  Destress each day:

These people set aside time each day to relax: some take a nap, pray, happy hour, etc.

6.  Family first:

These groups are committed to their spouses, and keep aging parents and grandparents in the home.   

7.  Faith-based community:

People that belong to a faith-based community are healthier and live longer.

8.  Beans, Beans, Beans:

These groups tend to eat the same foods everyday.  They eat whole foods that include fresh greens, fresh vegetables, whole grains and legumes.  They eat meat 3 to 4 times each week, mostly pork, and the serving size is 6 ounces. 

9.  No Exercise:

These groups don’t run or lift weights but their lifestyles are naturally very active, including lots of walking throughout the day.