yoda4x4

Help me choose...  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which one should I get?

• Savage 220
    • Savage 110 Storm 308
    • Tenpoint Titan M1
    • Beretta 9mm

If you do purchase handgun from Cabela's, you will have to ship to nj ffl since you buying out of state, so you might as well scratch Beretta
I could buy from Bass Pro Shop in Atlantic City. No FFL required.

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Do you have access to a range?  The 220 would be a good deer gun for NJ but at $2-3 per shot its not something to take to the range.  The pistol requires a permit (so a delay) plus shipping to NJ and a transfer fee so with Cabelas prices already higher than most shops and adding the extra cost and delay waiting for permit I'd go for the 308.  Good to have a rifle for out of state opportunities and there is plenty of ammo available in 308 that you can pick up some cheap stuff for plinking at the range.

Dave, what out of state hunts are on your wishlist?
Ohio would be a favorite but realistically I can hunt Missouri as a buddy of mine lives out there and wants me to come out.
Do you have access to a range?  The 220 would be a good deer gun for NJ but at $2-3 per shot its not something to take to the range.  The pistol requires a permit (so a delay) plus shipping to NJ and a transfer fee so with Cabelas prices already higher than most shops and adding the extra cost and delay waiting for permit I'd go for the 308.  Good to have a rifle for out of state opportunities and there is plenty of ammo available in 308 that you can pick up some cheap stuff for plinking at the range.
I usually shoot at Range 14. As for transferring a pistol, it's not required. I can buy it at Bass Pro in Atlantic City.

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

It depends what you do most. I have a 220 and love it . If i put the cross hairs on it it goes down. 

I tend to hunt more wit crossbow than any other weapon so that was my priority. I bought a Ravin but would agree a Ten point is an excellent weapon. 

The longer seasons and more opportunity for hunting small pieces of property were my motivation. 

You may have a long shotgun season where you hunt and or open fields with longer shot opportunity ( yes the 220 over the Ravin every time in that situation) 

I also have a few hand guns but that is a different category in my mind. Fun plinking for most people.  I have handgun hunted a lot and have some specialty weapons in that category.

I would buy what you would use most and only you can answer that