IGNORED

Let’s hear your ice predictions for this season

CapeCod

I been trying to put together a W&W ice fishing day!   Seems impossible... We get a week of frigid temps usually late december/early january then just that pattern of daily highs in the 40s and barely touching freezing at night. 

That pic is freakin' awesome

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

8 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I been trying to put together a W&W ice fishing day!   Seems impossible... We get a week of frigid temps usually late december/early january then just that pattern of daily highs in the 40s and barely touching freezing at night. 

Forget about it!!Knee deep canceled year after year!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

11 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

Let me know when the ice gets to 24" or you're holding the ice fishing day in Minnesota and I'll consider joining you guys. Until then, count me out.  I went through the ice once while ice fishing when I was a kid.  I prefer to stay on the land and let you guys do the figure skating routine

I just purchased an electric ice auger. Based on that I would say there will be no safe ice at all. However there is a caveat to this Murphy's law prediction.

I actually clicked the purchase on Amazon by mistake. When I went through the return item it says I must return it by Feb 1. So I can wait until then for safe ice. If there's ice in January I can use it and still return it.

If I do use it I am not sure I will return it. It wasn't obscenely expensive, only$332. That is less than a lot of gas augers. I think the electric auger is a lot less hassle than a gas one. The cost downside is the spare/replacement battery is$200. I would definitely like to have a spare battery, but not at that price.