IGNORED

Power out... (storm aftermath reporting here)

Swamp_Yankee

Dropping like flies in Bethlehem Township-we were the first.  I heard what sounded like a gunshot just as ours went out which was the circuit breaker on our line opening.  Our friends up on the hill closer to 31 just went out a few minutes ago.  Got the generator cranking because we're low priority-our line only feeds us and one neighbor.  

Edited by JHbowhunter

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

Woke up to the sound of a medium duty truck with flashing lights rolling down the lane about 30 minutes ago-normally something I'd be alarmed by but not this morning!  I can see the flashlights and spotlights darting all over the woods so it must be more than just an open breaker.  Hope this is not a sign of things to come this winter...

1 hour ago, Bojaffa said:

Hopefully your power is restored soon. 

Restored as of 6:00 a.m. - about 18 hours, which is pretty good for this area.  Tree came down and took the whole line out.  When I see the Nelson guys this summer I need to remember to buy them a couple cases of beer to try to get them to cut more.  

Power came back on for a little while then back out again, their saying it won't be back on till around noon tomorrow.. wife's got the generator cranking and I'm still at work since 6 am yesterday, we have the roads opened up but still a few trees down and alittle clean up left so  looks like I'll be able to go home at 6 am tomorrow just in time sit sit home all day with the kids since schools closed already.