IGNORED

Momma & her 4 Cubs

Cousin Brown

Here is momma & her 4 cubs.....(sorry the pics aren't great).  Cute....Adorable....absolutely! Is this a problem...?????   HELL YES!!!!   I have 24 documented bears on my property.  Lets just assume 1/2 are male & 1/2 are female.  Take the females and split them breeding every other year...  6 females breeding/ year.  This one has a liter of 4 cubs.  Lets just say the other 5 sows have 1 cub each.  Thats 9 new bears this year! (Estimated low as the breeding rate it average 3 cubs per sow).  I would have to harvest 9 bears this year to keep the population the same!!!   And that's being extremely conservative.  These bears are becoming out of control and its getting worse every year.   

27DC655D-5571-44CC-A49B-4B9E3F5C618E.jpeg

61A1B934-48D1-4B46-8708-4D963AB729A7.jpeg

D416587C-12AA-4C6E-96B3-49083B67EB60.jpeg

Edited by Cousin Brown
Add pics

Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen. :cheers:

That was our Sparta property for many years, but the bear hunts have totally changed that and we are no longer overrun like we were.  But we're also surrounded on two sides by public lands that are bear hunted which may not be the case where you are in Hunterdon.  We all know the answer to controlling their numbers......