IGNORED

Changing Scope Recticle - Leupold

buckfever1974

I'm looking into getting the recticle changed out on my Leupold VX-III.  For the last 15 years or so it has had the Heavy Duplex and I'm looking to swap it out with the Regular Duplex.  Has anyone ever sent their scope into Leupold to have this process done.  Was it successful and the scope worked properly when it came back?

I haven't done it to one of their scopes, but I've done it with other optical equipment in the past (mostly refractometers).  It's an O-ring with a notch (usually) that slides into and out of place.  Very easy to change.  However, Leopold scopes are gas-filled so they don't fog up, so it's a sealed system.  Best to have them do it because they'll do it right.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

My cousin has gone online the other day while we were talking about it and saw that Leupold does the change but I didn't realize it was an option.  I am sentimental about my gear.  I don't like to sell firearms or stop using a piece of equipment like a scope outright.  I have killed a lot of deer with my .30-06 and that VXIII.  I just stopped being a fan of the heavy duplex somewhere along the way.