IGNORED

BROADHEADS IN BONE

Butcher from here in Hunterdon county had a booth selling jerky and snack sticks at the Salt Water Expo.

He had a display from  over the years they have been butchering with ALOT of broadheads buried in bones they found while butchering deer.

Surprisingly about 90 % were Thunderheads.  Saw  a few muzzy, a magnus buzzcut, a NAP killzone and a Zwickee.

Bones were pretty much ones you would expect, shoulder , shoulder knuckle and spine.

was crazy how deep some of  those heads were buried, yet all the heads of every brand looked almost 100% intact .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

5 minutes ago, 3Blade said:

Yeah I found a thunder head in a doe I shot years ago, it must have been at least a year old and looked perfect. What's even crazier is how they could survive with a b/h lodge in them-tough critters!!

seeing where most were in leg bone, would expect those deer were all killed at a later time. so they def were running around with jewelry in them.

Tom the butcher told me the head he  has found the most of where Muzzy heads.

I would think the reason more of those heads were found is they just have been around longer than anything else.

BUT all that of course is speculation 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

Just now, tcook8296 said:

I had a butcher show me a coffee can filled with broadheads he recovered from deer and most of them were expandables

I expected to see more of all the different expandables, as they had quite a display, but only one I saw was the one  NAP 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

I have an old 6 bladed Wasp that I found just under a Bucks spine.It was completely encased in a white sinew like capsule. One of the Wensel Brothers knew an old Lady that had a Deer spine with a Stone arrow point stuck in it.He said that she wouldn't give it up for anything!

Always tell your Butcher if you lost a broad head in your Deer.

Here's a muzzy mx3 or at least what's left of it . Long story short my son hit a big 8 high in the shoulder and we tracked him for awhile but never found him but did find the arrow. From the pic you can see the broad head was destroyed .  10 days later on youth day he kills the buck he hit with the muzzy ! While skinning him out I found all 3 blades embedded in the shoulder . 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg