IGNORED

is it me or does taping and mudding drywall suck

buckhound

Those videos didn't impress me at all. Both looked like amateurs trying to explain something they only tried once or twice and are now experts.

I'm a layman homeowner who knows nothing about it, and that's why posting it and you disagreeing with their approach is good!  Otherwise, I'd have no idea!

I'd be there slinging on mud and wondering why it comes out looking like a 3rd grade art project! :rofl:

What's a good video tutorial on it?

I'm a layman homeowner who knows nothing about it, and that's why posting it and you disagreeing with their approach is good! Otherwise, I'd have no idea!

I'd be there slinging on mud and wondering why it comes out looking like a 3rd grade art project! :rofl:

What's a good video tutorial on it?

Having someone else do that taping work is money well spent.

After being trained for a week by a pro, the words "closet taper," were used. It would take time and practice to perfect your skills.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Spackling is definitely an art....Watch all the videos u want.. then when u think u've learned enough to try it, have at it... then go back to watching the videos to try and figure out why your work looks like crap.. Repeat the above until u give up... then hire someone who knows what they are doing... :cupcoffee: 

:D

Just spent the last three days hanging and taping .

Tomorrow is outside metal corners and second coating

I learned with a haulk but prefer a knife and pan now.

Keep the inside of the bucket clean by removing all mud from the sides as you go, that keeps the spackle from drying in the bucket and falling into the fresh mud.

Put it on smooth and move on. Don't keep working it.

P.s. wear a mask when sanding...unless you like white boogers.

Edited by gobblergetter

attachicon.gifIMG_9061.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_9062.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_9151.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_9229.JPG

Just helped a friend do 2 rooms and 2 closets in his house.  I paid a guy I know to hang the boards.  He hung the 23 boards in 3 hours and I taped.  I do an OK job but the sander makes up for my lack of skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like you know what you're doing.  I installed a ton of boards in my life and most of the sanding i do now is wet sanding with a drywall sponge.  

Edited by stratocaster