IGNORED

is it me or does taping and mudding drywall suck

buckhound

Are you for hire? :D

Finding good drywallers/tapers seems to be a challenge, most just fly through jobs and don't pay attention to the details that matter.

No way it sucks, but to do it right you need a good light and I never saw a single finisher ever use one. 

The guy painting my house right now also does drywall finish work.  He's correcting a lot of the issues, he uses an LED work light.  He's a good skim coater, slow but pays attention.

First guy (as I posted pics on here before) did a horrible job...this guy had to correct a lot of crap work.

I'm in your boat. Hate it.

There is a technique tho.. knowing where to put the spackle on the knife and how to wipe the sides of the knife so it doesn't spill everywhere helps.. and don't try to get the first coat smooth.. the more you try the worse it gets.

One quick swipe to lay it on, then 1 to smooth it and one on each side to feather it.. move on.20171213_145253.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

how long you wait between coats??

In a conditioned space 18-24 hours. Only coat horizontals one day, then verticals the next. When dealing corners you can only coat one edge at a time. Do not try to do both edges of the corner at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by tjfslaughter

I prefer to use a hawk vs. a pan. Once I get any debris in my mud I scrape it on one side of the hawk then flick it in the garbage. Also clean you spackle bucket every day by scraping the sides down and go ahead and wash the sides with a sponge clean. This will keep crap out of your spackle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk