IGNORED

Herb Crusted Broiled Venison Back Strap

Hunter115522

Threw this together real quick tonight. Made a homemade herb dry rub (salt, pepper, onion, garlic powder, thyme, dill, lemon zest, oregano etc...) put a very light layer of EVOO on the backstrap and coated it with the rub. Broiled it 5 min per side (should have done about 4 and a half) and served it on top of some fresh sauted' asparagus, with garlic and marsala wine. Came out great.

. Looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite Pure, CBE Tek Hybrid, 10" B-Stinger stabilizer, Limbdriver rest , Alpine Soft Loc 5 Quiver, Muzzy 100 4 bld, Slick Trick Viper Trick Red Head Gator broadheads, Beman ICS Hunter 400 28" ,Scott Quick Shot release, Vortex 8.5X50 Vultures  :cheers:

We really need to ban people who post images of incredibly delicious things they've made and eaten; and not shared with the rest of us.  Didn't your teachers ever say, "Don't [eat that, chew gum, etc.] unless you brought enough for the whole class!"  Important life lesson there!

Looks awesome, and this fat guy is incredibly jealous!

You voted for Sanders, didn't you?

First my homebrew was Coors, and now I’m a Sanders voter.

You’re coming to Pub 199, right? :)

Jerk.

Lol...It's all in good fun. 

I'm hoping to come to Pub 199.  Daughter's Xmas party is that night. By the time I can get home, get her in bed and get out there it will be around 10:30.  Depends on how much energy I have left in the tank by then.  

Man, that sounds good. Might have to give your spice blend a try. Never considered lemon and dill for venison.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

We really need to ban people who post images of incredibly delicious things they've made and eaten; and not shared with the rest of us.  Didn't your teachers ever say, "Don't [eat that, chew gum, etc.] unless you brought enough for the whole class!"  Important life lesson there!

:agree:  :agree:  :agree:

:up: That looks fantastic, but if you threw it together real quick it would have been a little bit more rare.  LOL. Just making a joke. It's my way of stirring the pot or  flipping the bird er I mean  Backstrap.

LOL Yeah I like my venison more rare. I put it under the broiler for 5 min per side, next time 4 min.

Looks great... how far from the broiler did you have it ? ( I suck at venison in a stove so I’ll take any info )

I had it on the very top rack, as close to the flame as you can get, maybe 3-4 inches. I usually do it a little below that tho. If you want it cooked similar to whats in the pic, exactly 5 min per side. I actually like mine a little more rare then it was, so next time I'm going to do it for 4 min per side. Another great way to do venison on the stove is in a cast iron skillet, then broiler. Put a heavy duty cast iron skillet on the stove top, put the heat to high. Don't add any butter or oil to the pan, just keep it dry. Let the skillet get BURNING hot, and toss in a lightly oiled back strap. Only cook it about 45 seconds per side, and this will give it a great sear. Finish it in the broiler by putting the entire skillet in the broiler, and cook it to your liking. After the sear, I do it for about 1-2 min per side in the broiler for rear. Sometimes I do it like this only with a basic dry rub, sometimes I do a coffee dry rub, sometimes I get creative and make a homemade guac to top it with. Here's a link to another recipe with pix that I posted here a while ago. If you make it, let me know how it comes out! If you do the skillet way, be warned it will smoke like hell, open the windows lol

https://www.njwoodsandwater.com/topic/16017-coffee-rubbed-blackened-tenderloins-wchipotle-guac-pix/

Edited by Hunter115522