IGNORED

WTF!!!!!!!

mattg1500

Also, try getting away from shots more than 20 yards, for me it's been 5 years since I took a 30 yard shot, I ended up spineing that one, but that one was my furthest shot I ever taken, on 3-D I can stretch it out to 60 or more, but on a live deer I stick with under 20. But that's me, I like them as close as I can get them! Lol

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Stupid question but if you matched broad head to arrow it flew best with did u resharpen broad heads correctly. I have seen what a dull broad head can do well not do in this case. An example showed to me when I was young was a bunch of rubber bands stretched across a square to imitate arteries and veins. First a sharp head was pushed through snapping every band it touched. A dull one was next not one band cut just moved to the side. Not saying u didn't but might be a thing u forgot

Certainly nothing wrong with the heads. I have killed 3 does with those heads and you'd laugh if I told you the average distance those deer ran after the shot. If the heads are truly on when you practice with them, you're definitely doing something wrong when in the tree. Whether it's buck fever, or your form, something is off. As lunatic said, practice from a stand. Things change a bit when you're 20' off the ground.

Thanks for all the input. Im glad i can come here and be told I am f*cking up, because its hard to tell yourself that. Im benching myself til i get the issue resolved, as much as it sucks.

It is hard and we all first look to blame our equipment. That's why I always say, use equipment you are most comfortable with,( even if its not a Rage for whatever hard to comprehend reason :happywave: ), so when things go wrong you don't blame the equipment but instead look to  correcting your own mistakes. You will be on track in no time :up:

Good luck

You are shooting a good head as long as they are shaving sharp. This is a shot placement issue plain and simple. A sharp BH through vital organs is more lethal than any gun. Best I can say is study this diagram and understand angles. Good luck

2AF4A62C-6EA4-4594-B68E-DF17E113420E.jpeg

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

You are shooting a good head as long as they are shaving sharp. This is a shot placement issue plain and simple. A sharp BH through vital organs is more lethal than any gun. Best I can say is study this diagram and understand angles. Good luck

Was waiting for you to chime in Jack. Perfect. Maybe add to this thread the angle pics/bow shots you posted over the last year in a couple of threads...

All good descriptive info which would apply here well.

If you hunt from a treestand you should practice from a treestand,rooftop,ladder etc. Some of the smallest flaws in form are magnifyed 10 fold once you are off the ground. Most folks have a hard time agreeing with the concept but, 90 percent of the time shooting problems are the indian not the arrow..........

If you hunt from a treestand you should practice from a treestand,rooftop,ladder etc. Some of the smallest flaws in form are magnifyed 10 fold once you are off the ground. Most folks have a hard time agreeing with the concept but, 90 percent of the time shooting problems are the indian not the arrow..........

Not bending at the waist (like a pendulum) being the #1 issue when shooting from above..

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I haven't read all the replies so it might have been said , shooting elevated is different and "buck fever " always plays a role in arrow fight. Another common mistake is dropping your bow arm to watch the arrow's impact , something that we've all been guilty of, just can't help it in the heat of the moment. I always make a conscious effort to count to 2 after releasing the string. Good Luck and practice with same hunting clothes also , perhaps something is binding clothes wise.