IGNORED

Beer

Psehunter

Peter

The company was founded in 1840 in Newark, New Jersey, by Peter Ballantine (1791–1883), who emigrated from Scotland.[1] The company was originally incorporated as the Patterson & Ballantine Brewing Company. Ballantine rented an old brewing site which had dated back to 1805. Around 1850, Ballantine bought out his partner and purchased land near the Passaic River to brew his ale. His three sons joined the business and in 1857 the company was renamed P. Ballantine and Sons. The name would be used for the next 115 years, until the company closed its brewery in May 1972. By 1879, it had become sixth largest brewery in the US, almost twice as large as Anheuser-Busch. Ballantine added a second brewery location, also in Newark, in order to brew lager beer to fill out the company product line. Peter Ballantine died in 1883 and his eldest son had died just a few months earlier. His second oldest son then controlled the company until his own death from cancer in 1895. The last son died in 1905 and the company was taken over by George Griswold Frelinghuysen, the company’s vice-president, who was married to Peter Ballantine’s granddaughter.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

Peter

The company was founded in 1840 in Newark, New Jersey, by Peter Ballantine (1791–1883), who emigrated from Scotland.[1] The company was originally incorporated as the Patterson & Ballantine Brewing Company. Ballantine rented an old brewing site which had dated back to 1805. Around 1850, Ballantine bought out his partner and purchased land near the Passaic River to brew his ale. His three sons joined the business and in 1857 the company was renamed P. Ballantine and Sons. The name would be used for the next 115 years, until the company closed its brewery in May 1972. By 1879, it had become sixth largest brewery in the US, almost twice as large as Anheuser-Busch. Ballantine added a second brewery location, also in Newark, in order to brew lager beer to fill out the company product line. Peter Ballantine died in 1883 and his eldest son had died just a few months earlier. His second oldest son then controlled the company until his own death from cancer in 1895. The last son died in 1905 and the company was taken over by George Griswold Frelinghuysen, the company’s vice-president, who was married to Peter Ballantine’s granddaughter.

Thanks for the history. The Second Brewery they built in Newark was next door to the original that took up Blocks of land. All Red Brick Buildings 

It's loose was the begin of the downfall of Newark as the Families that lost working there moved out of Newark completely To Be Replaced By Immigrants from Portugal

Hard working industrious They would buy up house Gut them and rebuild them big time. They Changed Newark from Rt 1& 9 Penn Railroad to  Main Line Penn Railroad McCarter Hyway  Hence the phrase Iron Bound Section. No Beer but some great homemade wines,  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I remember my grandfather telling me about beer in a pail, for a long time he worked in a blacksmith shop in Elizabeth and said at the end of the day one of the apprentices was sent to the brewery with the pail.

I will have to look around sure thought the Salty Dog on the Homer Spit had a bunch of signed bras hanging all over.......but have to admit at this point it could be any one of a number of places.

I've met so many different beers over the course of my life that it's impossible to remember any one specific beer. There is one exception though.   

I was tired, I was hungry, and I was thirsty.  Then HH whipped out a couple growlers of his home-brew and suddenly the world was a better place.   :cheers:    

beer.jpg

Bottle only.

Have not had beer in a can for almost 40 years.

Cans have a metallic taste.

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

I have become more of a vodka martini man myself, slightly dirty. I will argue, hands down, K1 completely blows away Grey Goose...  Belvedere is better than Goose as well.  The goose is better than Smirnoff, Absolute, and Stoly however, as is Titos and 3-Olives.

Fair enough...I'm just not into K1 much myself....I mix my vodka, I never drink it straight

Now that is awesome. is it 027 the track looks different from mine. That is a Treasuer fo sure    

The track is O scale, made by GarGraves. I bought a bunch of it used.

I go a little crazy with the O trains each Christmas. All of my railcars are copies of ones that were actually used, and marked with "New Jersey" ..... Ballantine of Newark ...  Ford of Mahwah ... ESSO, DuPont, and GAF all of Linden ... Edgar Minerals of Metuchen. All pulled by Central Railroad of New Jersey locomotives.

My wife thinks I'm weird. lol

Fair enough...I'm just not into K1 much myself....I mix my vodka, I never drink it straight

I don't see the point in buying expensive vodka or whiskey if it's to be mixed with something sweet or put in juice or soda.  

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Had the opportunity to road test the beer for Jack's "Speedo and BBQ" party. Very drinkable MGD clone that packs a punch. Let me know the date and I'll show up with a keg.

:worship:    :rock:    :clapping:    :kissy:    :whoo:   :bighello:    :cheers: