IGNORED

Fished a few north jersey streams

hemlock

I fished a few north jersey streams yesterday and did well with stocked rainbows and managed to catch a brook and  brown which was really nice. I have to say even off the beaten path on the stocked streams I fished there was rainbows in every pocket , riffle and run. I released a lot of fish mostly rainbows with the bonus brown and brookie a great day for sure. I had a peaceful day and saw very few guys away from the popular pools and caught lots of good looking fish. I did not catch any leftover rainbows from the fall which I normally would but with that drought we had not surprised at all and I didn't expect too. One funny thing I saw was a tree with so many spinners in it it looked like Christmas ornaments so I fished it first of course and then walked out and grabbed them all obviously they were there when the stream was high it just kept giving lol. I know where I will be next time the water goes down after high water. And I stripped all the line out of the tree and threw it out when I got home  like 20 pound test  it took me 20 minutes to get the lines out. I probably could have hooked that heavy line up to the truck and just took the entire tree home and re-planted it and hoped it grew more lures. lol Happy Easter going shad and trout in NY and NJ this week baby!!

IMG_3177.JPG

IMG_3184.JPG

Nice story and pictures. ! We're the brook and brown natives in unstocked streams , reason asking I thought the state was only stocking rainbows ? I know the little native trout I catch and release are like 6 inches and have brilliant colors.

The brown and brook were both natives in a stocked stream I believe. And  the division are only stocking rainbows. But more than a few north jersey stocked streams have brown or brook or both species in them. 

I stripped all the line out of the tree and threw it out when I got home  like 20 pound test  it took me 20

Strange what people will fish with.  I once found a 6-8 oz sinker  with about 30 lb test in a lake .  Sounds like a great day.  Nice fish and some tackle to boot. Congrats on cleaning up the mono and putting it where it belongs. :up: