IGNORED

The Rompala Buck Fact Or Fiction

Zipper

No matter how you feel about it, the saddest thing is how people, (mainly guys), react to antlers in an almost perverse way. Something primal about them, like staring into a fire, and unfortunately it brings out the worst in some people. If it's real, I hope that his family clears his name after he passes. If it's not, well, there's this thing called  psychiatry  that I urge him and others to seek out.

without me, my rifle is nothing

No matter how you feel about it, the saddest thing is how people, (mainly guys), react to antlers in an almost perverse way. Something primal about them, like staring into a fire, and unfortunately it brings out the worst in some people.

This is so true.  More than one friendship has been ruined over a big buck. 

Edited by Rusty

I'll say it again, I just don't understand all the hoop-la around a set of horns. But then again, once money and fame enters into the picture, people can become unhinged for publicity and do some strange things even with dead bodies (Piltdown Man anyone?)

Anyway - here's a couple of interesting articles that came out soon after this happened to claim it was fake and why he thinks so. Not that I care, but I read it because I like a good mystery :)

http://www.whitetail.com/rompolagate.html

http://www.whitetail.com/rompolagate2.html

Perception vs. Reality. The perception has been it is a fraud. Since the hunter hasn't done anything to refute those perceptions, that perception has become the reality that it is fake. Too many red flags to come to any other conclusion than its a fake.

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

He followed this buck for years even found it's sheds!!! when it was young. No way it is fake impossible!! He had a history with the monarch before he "drilled it" years later.

Well, there it is folks. That right there is just as credible, believable and on par with everything else that has been touted as "evidence" it's a fake. Another piece of the puzzle. All those folks who saw it in person, held it, scored it or were there when it was retrieved from the woods don't know what they saw, it's the people who saw a picture on the internet who know it's fake. I mean, it's obvious, people seeing a picture on the internet are in a better position to claim authenticity than those who actually saw and held it, or were there. LOL

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Well, there it is folks. That right there is just as credible, believable and on par with everything else that has been touted as "evidence" it's a fake. Another piece of the puzzle. All those folks who saw it in person, held it, scored it or were there when it was retrieved from the woods don't know what they saw, it's the people who saw a picture on the internet who know it's fake. I mean, it's obvious, people seeing a picture on the internet are in a better position to claim authenticity than those who actually saw and held it, or were there. LOL

I think you missed the point of hemlock's joke,  the "sheds" all have screws in them.  :rofl:

I think you missed the point of hemlock's joke,  the "sheds" all have screws in them.  :rofl:

No, I saw that. I got his joke, did you get mine? (hint: I was making fun of his post)   :up:

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.