IGNORED

Yea or Nay on Drinking Milk?

Rusty

not on the rug, question for ya. What are your thoughts on Almond Milk? I'm trying to eat healthy, and I been hearing a lot about it.

Only if you make it yourself from raw organic almonds.  It's super easy to do in a vitamix or other high powered blender. 

The stuff you buy in the stores is made from nasty almonds and is mostly water with chemical gums and stabilizers to give it texture.

What would you be using it for?

Thanks for the info. Was thinking of using it for protein shakes. My wife just bought sugar free vanilla "Silk" brand Almond Milk but I haven't tried it yet. I guess I should avoid it?

As a general rule, I stay away from most products and avoid things with lists of ingredients.  

Store bought almond milks are going to have stabilizers and gums.  Is that the end of the world?  Well, we don't know yet for sure.  For me, i can toss some almonds and water in my vitamix, blend them up, strain them and have almond milk.  Or I can just yoss a handful of raw almonds in my vitamix when I make a shake or smoothie.  Easy as pie.  

I know that the raw organic almonds don't have chemicals and I know that the fatty acids haven't been damaged or gone rancid from heating or roasting, improper handling or heating during the processing in to milk

I just prefer to do things that way 

Edited by not on the rug

Drank whole milk for 40 years in moderation. Last summer gave up milk among other foods as part of a diet which I lost 35 pounds. Tried alternatives like almond milk but couldnt get used to the taste. So now I just drink water, green tea and black coffee. Amazing what you could adjust to.

As a general rule, I stay away from most products and avoid things with lists of ingredients.  

Store bought almond milks are going to have stabilizers and gums.  Is that the end of the world?  Well, we don't know yet for sure.  For me, i can toss some almonds and water in my vitamix, blend them up, strain them and have almond milk.  Or I can just yoss a handful of raw almonds in my vitamix when I make a shake or smoothie.  Easy as pie.  

I know that the raw organic almonds don't have chemicals and I know that the fatty acids haven't been damaged or gone rancid from heating or roasting, improper handling or heating during the processing in to milk

I just prefer to do things that way 

Thanks a lot for the info buddy, I appreciate it!