IGNORED

Laws on hinge cutting?

Sad. Doesn't private property mean anything anymore? I guess we're all just paying rent on the King's land.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

No it does not anymore. We let them control us with things like zoning and building codes, and many unimaginable to our founding fathers laws in existence right now

Technically I didn't "take out" any stumps.. every tree I cut was either hinged or for firewood... stumps were left to live.

I planted 50 Norway spruce trees, 1 willow, and 5 fruit trees. So I added 56 trees and killed 0. (But knocked over I bet over 100. No problem, I'll plant another 50-100 trees. Planned on it anyway.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jay - as you said you hinged trees you didn't kill or remove them and you planted 50+ more. I am no lawyer but I would say you are good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in hillsborough, as long as you live on the land you can cut every single tree down if you want to.
​The permits are rquired for lot clearing of a building lot. thats when t ey bang for the fee.

​you better nip this shit in the bud asap my friend. do not let him think hes able to dictate matters on your own property, tell him literally to go f@ck himself.
what do you care?? f@ck that mother f@cker LOL

Though beauty is in the eye of the beholder, hinge cut trees at least in my experience are not visually pleasing to the general public or your neighbor. I saw this first hand during year one that I hinge cut my hunting property as several passersby asked if  my trees had been brought down by straight line winds. When I stepped back and viewed the property as a whole it  did look like hell. As such I have been incorporating perimeter hedgerow screenings of Cave in Rock switch grass, evergreen seedlings and Miscantus X Giganteus into my deer habitat efforts. The screening effect benefits my habitat by providing seclusion and keeps the prying eyes of the public in the dark.

Jay has planted a bunch of spruce and other trees across his property.  I'm sure he's planted more than he has cut.

Yep, that was the remedy for my buddies when they got hauled in in front of "The Shade Tree Commission." It depends on your Twsp ordinance. What a crock. You are improving wildlife habitat and they bust your stones.

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

I'd go on-line to Fredon's webpage and look for the Municipal Code.  Search that for "tree removal".  See if there is a tree removal ordinance or tree removal permit referenced and if there is, you'll have your answer.  But as KB Fishing already looked and found nothing, your good.  Regarding the other comments, I'd also be inclined to tell your neighbor to fuk off.  Regarding the comment about Sussex County being funny, I disagree.  Generally, we are a live and let live type and its the assholes that move here that want to have an issue with everything, like cutting trees, etc.

Generally, we are a live and let live type and its the assholes that move here that want to have an issue with everything, like cutting trees, etc.

I agree, it's sounds like some liberal a-hole from out east.  

Edited by Nomad