IGNORED

Laws on hinge cutting?

Got to love good ole friggen NJ

I wouldn't worry Jay. I think the worst would be they make you plant more. IF, big IF, someone comes to talk to you(not your neighbor lol), you already said you planted roughly 50 more so you're already half way there. You were already in the act of planting more for the ones you took down, whether you had to by ordinance or not...you're just not done yet :up:

Well I still gotta go down and remove a ton of firewood.. the guy on the back right where we started has a backhoe he will help, I told him take whatever he wants to burn..

The guy left of him is the pain but I'm done by him anyway.

My only problem is if in fact I needed permits or regulations had to be followed that I was unaware of.. I'm not sure I can afford the penalties if there are any.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

You doing just fine with this guy. The last thing your want to do is to declare war. As long as you still talking to him he may think twice about causing trouble for you with the twp. Once the gloves come off its gets ugly.

Is he buddies with the neighbor that is taking firewood?  If so, have your neighbor ask him if he would like some of the wood.  Like Lunatic said, it's always better to make friends than enemies.   

I had an a-hole neighbor once. When he came on my property shouting his head off, I called the cops. They were cool with me and agreed it was better to call them than shoot him. Well, that neighbor is dead now (and there's no way it can get pinned on me, so don't bother trying).

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

The thinkin' cap wasn't on earlier, well that's pretty normal for me. Anyway, I know your answer, or atleast, a way to make friends with this guy.

Ask him...

"Cans or bottles? What do you prefer your beer in and why??"

Absolutely.

Gotta keep him happy or he'll make your life hell.

You "country people" seem so up type. I have taken down over twenty trees without a complaint. Some I even got a permit for.

I spent most of my money on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.

Absolutely.

Gotta keep him happy or he'll make your life hell.

I don't think making him happy would hurt but its about keeping it civil. As long as he thinks you still have some kind of civil relationship he should be hesitant to cause trouble. Once you cross the line and the F bombs start flying there will be no hesitation from the guy who obviously wants to control everything around him.

Why wouldn't the question of legality be asked before even firing up a chainsaw ? Four pages but no mention on if there was any recon done on the possibility of it being unlawful by ordinance and require a permit.

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Why wouldn't the question of legality be asked before even firing up a chainsaw ? Four pages but no mention on if there was any recon done on the possibility of it being unlawful by ordinance and require a permit.

Because I never in a million years would have thought I couldn't cut some trees on my land...

I'm shocked some places have these rules.

Because I never in a million years would have thought I couldn't cut some trees on my land...

I'm shocked some places have these rules.

Welcome to the People's Republic of New Jersey where the laws are created and written by emotionally fragile people to enslave the rest of us because we can't take care of ourselves.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Because not everyone has this vivid imagination to assume cutting of a tree on your own property could be a crime.

Nope neither. Just a private 9+acre wooded patch behind my house

I'll see what heppens. I'm not gonna send him a bottle of wine and an apology like I was going to. I tried being nice and he's just upset of how his view is now.. I understand that, but it doesn't mean threaten to call on me. What's that gonna do? Trees are down. They aren't gonna magically stand back up if I pay a fine. He gets nothing out of it other than hurting me in the pocket. Sucks. Thought moving to Sussex County was supposed to be wonderful. Guess I gotta go over that river and try PA for true happiness :/

Yep. Welcome to Jersey. All of Jersey now sucks.  There are a lot of PIA people in this state that can't seem to stay out of other people's business.  Pennsy is way better in regard to this. 

I know towns by me require you to goto the town first for permits and then they send someone out to check the trees your cutting to make sure they're not some endangered tree or some shit. It's all a money gag if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're just the new kid on the block, Jay. The neighbor is pushing your buttons.

My neighbor tells me to do tree work when storms come through. The townspeople might try to make use of the 24/7 noise ordinance. They did pay for the peace that was there before...lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk