IGNORED

Black coyote on trailcam?

I saw one three years ago on my property during the special yote season . Pulled him in from the next property , he got to 225 yards away and just sat there . I watched him through the scope of my AR for a minute , he barked and then started to look back , I knew he was about to leave so I centered the crosshairs and squeezed the Trigger . He looked around for a second , I knew I missed . As he took off I took a second shot which clearly missed again . Went over and checked to make sure but the fresh snow confirmed my thoughts . I figured in the excitement I completely botched the shot (which is probably the whole case) but my elevation turret was set at 400 yards from some long distance shooting I had been doing . Live and learn . Was still an awesome sight to see .

The neighbor to the farm he was seen on took the pic. I got him on trail camera where I dropped some caracasses from trapping. Of course he showed up a couple days before trapping season ended. There’s quite a few black ones in that area according to a couple farmers I spoke with. Hoping to permission to set some snares after deer season