IGNORED

Doe pee ?

Mixbaghunter

I've had mature bucks follow my estrous soaked drag rag to the spot where I hung it on a branch,  grunting the entire way.

The buck was attracted to the overhanging branch, not to the bottled doe estrous. 

Mc_Guire_branch.jpg

Edited by BenedictGomez

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

BG, that article seems to talk about scrapes with/without any attractant added to them.

I don't think that can be extrapolated to things like hanging scent wicks or running scent trail drags.

I think the hanging of the scent drag on a scrape licking branch is secondary, unless you're suggesting that buck that came grunting the whole way along that scent drag trail was just coincidental to the buck really following that same trail blindly because the scrape was on it's course.

I don't know, I've seen too many guys have too much success with scents to believe they are useless/worthless.

I personally have had little success with them outside of striking curiosity (never an all out, nose to the ground hunt of that scent)...but even with that said, the experiences of others lead me to believe they can be effective given the right conditions, right scent and crossing paths with the right deer.

How many stories have we read of a buck cruising in the distance, which hits a scent dragged trail and suddenly B-lines it right to the hunter.

Your belief is that is shear coincidence?

Had 3 separate bucks follow my estrous soaked drag rag to the exact spot I positioned it this morning between 6am-730. No mock scrape, licking branch, nothing.  

It was like a buck parade, unfortunately not the buck I was looking for. It definitely increases the odds of placing a buck in range during this time of year, in my opinion.