IGNORED

The rush/buck fever

cewoz560

Quick question do you still feel the adrenaline rush when you see any deer or only on the ones you want to take?

Started hunting 3 yrs ago and had a rush every time I saw them, I would have tried to shoot at anything. Now I'm getting more particular watching waiting. The rush is not the same.

Thoughts?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Every Time....Heck even when the squirrels do a solid impersonation, I'm edgy......hope that feeling never goes away....That's why I like seeing deer long before a shot opportunity..... It allows that initial rush to pass and lets me focus more on the task at hand.....My worst shots are on deer I didn't see until it was literally time to shoot....Blood's still pumping hard and that impacts shooting....I prefer that cool down period to better improve my odds

Agree with all of you...I get a rush just looking and seeing em come in. But definitely not as intense when the bow is up...had a long-term spike and 5pt hang under for 20mins or so. tried to video with my epic cam mounted to my stabilizer. Got a few secs b4 batter died...imagined a shot perfect broad side...nice to know I could have...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Oh yeah! Any time I hear a deer coming or see one approaching I get an adrenaline spike. If it's a big buck or even a target doe when I'm in freezer filler mode, I'll start hearing my heart pound through my ears! Such a cool experience, we seek it out every hunt we go on! :up:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anytime the animal I am hunting shows up, the heart rate goes up.  Deer, turkey, tree rats, you name it.  I hear myself in the back of my head saying, "Alright, it's game time".  It's the anticipation and the seems-like-forever-waiting that gets the blood flowing.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I tend to just stay seated and not get excited, until after I shoot.  Been bowhunting 32 years, it would take a giant buck to get me a little unglued. I did have an incident this year where a shooter buck followed a doe my way, for over 300 yards across a wide open field clearly heading my way... That was just too much time and with bow in hand way too early, I started to feel the rush.  Unfortunately I was set up close to a road, and two cars decided to pull over and observe the show as well - game over.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….