IGNORED

11/07/2016 - NJ Permit 8 Pointer Down!!!

BowhunterNJ

I think you may have pushed him. They can hear you from very far distances and are always well ahead. If I don't see the deer fall I'm waiting at least an hour before getting out of my stand. Congrats on an awesome buck!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I respectfully disagree. There is no way that deer was alive more than 30 seconds - most likely dead in 20 seconds based on entry and exit holes. They can run a long way on adrenaline but always flame out. He was dead on his feet from the moment that bolt passed through.  This "could" make an argument for a quiet bow, and COC two or 3 blade that zips through the deer in-noticed..  The noise of a crossbow combined with the massive cut mechanical triggered the "fast flight" instinct in this buck. I have seen hits identical to those where the buck just takes a few steps, wobbles and falls never knowing what hit it.   That being said, I put one through a "high alert" doe earlier this fall, as she was facing down-hill...  She made it  just over two hundred yards with the artery above heart severed (and both lungs).     That was the furthest I ever had one go on a great hit.      No two deer react the same on the same hits, that is for certain.  I can just say with this shot location, that deer was not alive more than 30 seconds max....

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I respectfully disagree. There is no way that deer was alive more than 30 seconds - most likely dead in 20 seconds based on entry and exit holes. They can run a long way on adrenaline but always flame out. He was dead on his feet from the moment that bolt passed through. This "could" make an argument for a quiet bow, and COC two or 3 blade that zips through the deer in-noticed.. The noise of a crossbow combined with the massive cut mechanical triggered the "fast flight" instinct in this buck. I have seen hits identical to those where the buck just takes a few steps, wobbles and falls never knowing what hit it. That being said, I put one through a "high alert" doe earlier this fall, as she was facing down-hill... She made it just over two hundred yards with the artery above heart severed (and both lungs). That was the furthest I ever had one go on a great hit. No two deer react the same on the same hits, that is for certain. I can just say with this shot location, that deer was not alive more than 30 seconds max....

. How can you be so sure that deer died in 30 seconds? No way to tell

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Edited by Huntfree77

Awesome job btw like the pics...maybe second nature for the vets on here...but great for the news...so. They can compare it to trail of their own hopefully to determine a good shot vs not so good. Helped a friend on Halloween track one never found it...only had tiny drips

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk