IGNORED

11/07/2016 - NJ Permit 8 Pointer Down!!!

BowhunterNJ

Well, he made it around 150-160 yards and given the blood trail I can't imagine how.

I've seen it before though, plenty of well hit bucks running much farther than expected.

He covered a lot of ground quickly but I'm glad he died quickly!

I think you may have pushed him. They can hear you from very far distances and are always well ahead. If I don't see the deer fall I'm waiting at least an hour before getting out of my stand. Congrats on an awesome buck!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I think you may have pushed him. They can hear you from very far distances and are always well ahead. If I don't see the deer fall I'm waiting at least an hour before getting out of my stand. Congrats on an awesome buck!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Possible. Normally I wait 45 min but thought he fell when he stopped momentarily, then turned 90 degrees right and went full bore into a thicket. I didn't see any bedding or blood pooling on the blood trail as I followed it. If I had I would have backed out knowing he bedded alive and got up alive. Shot seemed perfect at 8 yards high entry and low exit. Lungs were destroyed and slice through the heart.

With that said it did travel farther than expected. I almost backed out after 100 yards as it felt off but the blood was so good I couldn't imagine him not being 20 yards further. Definitely strange given the hit and blood but was certainly happy with the blood trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy crap! That's a tremendous offer Jay! I really appreciate that! Will definitely be in touch, would love to have you do it! :up:

We're technically strangers, and you allowed me to put a free banner on your forum. You donated to my wife's fundraiser, and you donated to my free mount contest.. you are a very generous person to people you don't even know. I owe you one. World would be better with more guys like you.

Thanks for everything.

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

We're technically strangers, and you allowed me to put a free banner on your forum. You donated to my wife's fundraiser, and you donated to my free mount contest.. you are a very generous person to people you don't even know. I owe you one. World would be better with more guys like you.

Thanks for everything.

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

Really kind words, thank you Jay! :up: