IGNORED

Do You Have Limitations On Bears?

BHC

still didn't get my tag, but now realize I am off Monday so "maybe" will get one tomorrow.  Any other year, if I tried putting corn or apples out for the deer, the bears move in become a nuicance and I just don't bother anymore.  This year - extremely limited bear sightings and the only big one over 400# has been middle of night and not for a month.  Since I had them all spring and summer, I can only surmise that there is a high level of masterbaitery going on around me with the season fast approaching, since I am not that far from Whittingham and there are just a ton of bow hunters all around me.   So maybe I will sit Monday and although I certainly don't have anything patterned, with all the hunters out there doing the same, it's quite possible one will get pushed my way, as well as a lot of deer getting displaced from all the human scent in DMZ 5 for the bear opener.  I don't think I would shoot this year's or last year's cub, but other than that, if it's black I'll take a crack...

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Last year I shot one about 160 pounds. So anything over 200 for me is a shooter but hoping for over 300 plus as we have a few of them where I am hunting. But at this point any bear on our property that dies is a good thing. Our deer numbers are down alot and we need dead bears

AWM #2

Yea my limitations are I won't shoot a mother with her Cubs because just like any animal bear, deer, elk etc if Mother Nature calls for the babies to be with their mother they need there mother and without their mother they have a greater chance of not surviving. Mother Nature knows a lot more then a stupid humans research to meet there own selfish means and goals. Have integrity just because this state NJ has none you can. I have been on many bear hunts in places like Canada that know a lot about wildlife and respect it. You CANT CANT CANT shoot a mother with Cubs because the Cubs need there mother and integrity is preached.

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

Last year's bear was my first, dressed out at 116.5 lbs. Not big, but happy I got one. However, there was little meat, mostly a layer of fat. I would shoot 250 or so, but don't want to deal with dragging a monster out, and also can't afford a taxidermy bill for a big boy.