IGNORED

New Jersey Hunter Forums Email

Haskell_Hunter

Well, as I predicted in this thread months ago, it happened.  "The other site" was hacked and user data was stolen.

https://www.njwoodsandwater.com/topic/6324-haskell-hunter-help/?p=52704

Nerd report here:  https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2016/06/16/hackers-steal-45-million-verticalscope-accounts/

I mock them from afar on their sh!tty security and my correct predict that they'd get anally probed soon.

And, no, I had nothing to do with it, and you can't prove otherwise.

If you do have an account on that site and use the same password for everything, I STRONGLY suggest you change it on other sites ASAP.  They were hacked at least a week ago, probably longer.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I don't use that password on anything financial... 

Good thing.  However, some of the more amateur hackers will use your login information at other sites to post links to other sites and other general spam on those boards.  Hopefully the password you used is not the same password that gets you into your email.  Then I would be seriously worried.  I could have a lot of fun with that.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

Since I know nothing about computers can logging on there open you up to the hackers besides them getting a password? I noticed the last couple of days that it frequently continues to buffer when I click on a topic or try to x out of them.

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Since I know nothing about computers can logging on there open you up to the hackers besides them getting a password? I noticed the last couple of days that it frequently continues to buffer when I click on a topic or try to x out of them.

Normally, no.  You probably have very little to worry about.

However, if their security sucked even more than it already did, then a hacker could easily jack the site and insert "poisonous links" (not to be confused with venomous snakes) that could indeed infect your computer.

Since VS hasn't been forthcoming at all about the breach or the extent of it, you have no idea of knowing.  However, "the other site" isn't popular enough to insert poisonous links into.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

Oh, to pour salt into an already infected wound, it is very bad security practice to send out passwords in an unencrypted format, like email.  So, yeah, they just reset your password and sent it to you with zero security at all.  Any nerd on the internet could have intercepted that email and pulled out your new password with absolutely no effort whatsoever.

Amateur hour.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

I am laughing so hard reading this thread...

The mouth-breathers at NJH have no idea how bad this is.

Clearly, our nerds are better than their nerds.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

Wow I got a bunch of emails from their forums I belong to with a NEW long complex password THEY reset it to...sent via email.

I would have preferred a secured reset link. Or maybe just wait until I log on next time and force me to reset my password securely.

WTH are they doing over there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow I got a bunch of emails from their forums I belong to with a NEW long complex password THEY reset it to...sent via email.

I would have preferred a secured reset link. Or maybe just wait until I log on next time and force me to reset my password securely.

WTH are they doing over there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"WTH are they doing over there?" You say, well uh how's about loosing members faster then a dog sheds hair in this weather?

Since I don't think I will be moderating anyplace these days I may well be dropping by more often.