IGNORED

Raritan Bay Ocean Conditions?

Nomad

How's the water?  Do you think it will be dirty and conditions unfavorable for surf fishing out around the Hook on Sunday?  Can live with rough water and wind, but not dirty and debris filled water.  Trying not to waste the day and 2 hours of driving.  Thanks.

I know a couple of guys been trying up around the hook with no luck so far. Last season it turned on the third week of April. This season has been very spotty on schools of fish. Nothing like previous 3 years. Atlantic city and Delaware river is on fire with big fish

1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

Fish incoming tide to make sure the bay isn’t too dirty. I don’t have any reports for you, but I would fish incoming and avoid outgoing tides for a few more days 

@1957Buck care to explain why you gave me a thumb down on good advice. I’m waiting for your brilliant reply…..

1 hour ago, Codaboy said:

I know a couple of guys been trying up around the hook with no luck so far. Last season it turned on the third week of April. This season has been very spotty on schools of fish. Nothing like previous 3 years. Atlantic city and Delaware river is on fire with big fish

Ocean temp is only 46 by the Hook.  Pretty cold.

I will be out in the bay - probably outer back bay to mid bay. Avoiding the river. Low expectations but should be a rare decent weather day.  Perhaps breezy 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….