IGNORED

Anyone Here Dry Storage at Atlantic Highlands

My question is does anyone dry storage their boat up there and what are the pro and cons of it? Water, Electric and what not? Thanks in advance.

Edited by rocky

• rocky changed the title to Anyone Here Dry Storage at Atlantic Highlands
33 minutes ago, rocky said:

My question is does anyone dry storage their boat up there and what are the pro and cons of it? Water, Electric and what not? Thanks in advance.

It’s a good deal . Boat doesn’t get in water corrosion . 
‘less than half the price of a slip .(currently 1450) 

just need to drive in and off trailer each trip .

weekdays usually very light traffic .

weekends can be a PIA unless leaving off hours .

Great water for cleaning the boat close to most trailer locations .

better sitting storms on trailer than in a slip there .

save a lot gas money vs towing back and forth each trip 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I did all three types of storage (wet, dry and trailering, never did rack) when I had my boat including the AH dry storage.  It wasn’t bad, weekends were tough.  It beat trailering a boat home when you were tired.  Personally, I prefer wet storage.  Good luck!

The photo is from this morning at 7:50 and as you can see only 1 boat is in the water and when full I see very few even used. The Ramp on weekends is a Circus of Nimrods,  I go take a seat with a beer with others and take in the S%^& Show.

Why choose AH when other ramps some with storage with straight shots out exists?  Just saying.  

1712577429101.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

36 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

The photo is from this morning at 7:50 and as you can see only 1 boat is in the water and when full I see very few even used. The Ramp on weekends is a Circus of Nimrods,  I go take a seat with a beer with others and take in the S%^& Show.

Why choose AH when other ramps some with storage with straight shots out exists?  Just saying.  

1712577429101.jpg

Because the AH puts you approximately in the middle of most of the best fishing areas up north .

allows you the shortest runs to fish areas from the back of the bay to eastern waters off LI as well as closest runs to the middle grounds , and lots more south of there 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

52 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Because the AH puts you approximately in the middle of most of the best fishing areas up north .

As many other Ramps and Marinas from Chessquake to Highlands are considered Middle  Public - Private - County  Add a few miles a buck or more for less congestion and cheaper,  Ever travel Rt 36 on a weekend ever see the Circus at the AH marina on weekends.  Not to leave out a lot of the fishing is within the upper  & Mid  Raritan Bayshore, To the ocean draw a line from any ports it is not worth the hassles of the AH, And depends on where you are coming from. 

And Yes been there done it 

images.jpg

nyh114-b_334_detail.jpg

50 minutes ago, hiking said:

I am on a rack at monmouth cove.  very satisfied with everything.

When I pass by I see some open slips and full racks must be an advantage to racks  Also Season seems short. also Many improvements to that area and marina and more planned, Left North Jetty and beach were my secret  Fishing spots until the bucket sitters took over.  

20 hours ago, 1957Buck said:

As many other Ramps and Marinas from Chessquake to Highlands are considered Middle  Public - Private - County  Add a few miles a buck or more for less congestion and cheaper,  Ever travel Rt 36 on a weekend ever see the Circus at the AH marina on weekends.  Not to leave out a lot of the fishing is within the upper  & Mid  Raritan Bayshore, To the ocean draw a line from any ports it is not worth the hassles of the AH, And depends on where you are coming from. 

And Yes been there done it 

images.jpg

nyh114-b_334_detail.jpg

Well Mr been there done that . The only actual marina with as short a run to ALL the fishing areas is Leonardo. Which is shitty during low water tides .

monmouth cove is close unless looking to fish the rivers which makes you have to run around Earl.

runs east to long islands fishing areas , and anything outside the bay AH is way less a run.

anyone who actually spends more than a few days knows that .

ran boats out of most every marina on the bay , as well as a few out of the Navasink to know REAL distances .

going to Keyport doubles the distance to get around the hook and go Oceanside .

IMG_3310.jpeg

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

58 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Well Mr been there done that . The only actual marina with as short a run to ALL the fishing areas is Leonardo. Which is shitty during low water tides .

monmouth cove is close unless looking to fish the rivers which makes you have to run around Earl.

runs east to long islands fishing areas , and anything outside the bay AH is way less a run.

anyone who actually spends more than a few days knows that .

ran boats out of most every marina on the bay , as well as a few out of the Navasink to know REAL distances .

going to Keyport doubles the distance to get around the hook and go Oceanside .

IMG_3310.jpeg

Wow 4-5 added travel to avoid all the BS at The AH, Let's not leave out traveling over some Fluke, Bluefish - Stripers - Ppogies -  Weakfish, and the chance to gather some Bait Fish, O you must be one of those balls to the wall to get to nowhere. Or the need to follow the Fleet. Now draw a Line East up the bay where Stripers are blitzing and for  the season  Do what you want I have Trailer Launched where the fish are or not,   Many just enjoy the Boat & not BS

There is a saying Motor boats are always trying to get someplace when sailboats are already there 

10 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

Wow 4-5 added travel to avoid all the BS at The AH, Let's not leave out traveling over some Fluke, Bluefish - Stripers - Ppogies -  Weakfish, and the chance to gather some Bait Fish, O you must be one of those balls to the wall to get to nowhere. Or the need to follow the Fleet. Now draw a Line East up the bay where Stripers are blitzing and for  the season  Do what you want I have Trailer Launched where the fish are or not,   Many just enjoy the Boat & not BS

There is a saying Motor boats are always trying to get someplace when sailboats are already there 

lol . I don’t read reports . I make them .

unlike Mr cut and paste .

The more you write , just shows the more clueless you truly are 

‘guess that’s why you would rather take your grand kids to McDonalds for a fish sandwich instead of taking a boat ride in the bay lol

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

I’ll be starting my third season there in about a week.   The two issues I have are at the beginning and end of the season.  Stored boats from the winter are suppose to be out by 5/1, but in my previous two years that hasn’t happened until middle of May.   At the near end of October, the staff starts moving boats from their spots to accommodate winter storage.   This year they moved my boat and dragged the engine about a 100 yards.   I was not happy, and my complaint fell on def ears.  The only other thing I’m not a fan of is the day launchers using the water manifold for rinsing, cleaning their boats and I’ve even seen vehicle washing.   That complaint and answer was just tell Security.   Overall, I have great boat neighbors who look out for you, and share fishing reports.   I wouldn’t go anywhere else.   Clean air conditioned showers and bathrooms.