IGNORED

Pequest is loaded with gobblers this year.

6 hours ago, Fred Flintstone said:

LOL-- No 4 Gobblers is too many . 3 should be the Jersey Max limit. 

Tell that to gobblergetter and let me know what he thinks.  Pretty sure he's up to 4+ every week.

26 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

I cant believe nobody is hunting pequest this morning, gobblers all around me!  Im the only one who shot this morning :)

6 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I got one.   I used my crossgun, you just didn’t hear it.   

Do either of you need help dragging?

We do have the highest bag limit in the country for spring turkey

nj does need to do something to increase turkey numbers in most  of the state

maybe moving the season back a week and having a season limit will help. a lot of other states did that.  

In typical nj fashion.    They did nothing.    Sometimes no action is worse than the wrong action 

4 hours ago, vdep217 said:

You keep pushing this but have zero reasoning 

You can thank chenrossi for getting this going back on page 1.

I guarantee many members here would like to say something- but won't risk it.

This System has a bad Loophole that just a select few can exploit. Those with the most Time off- the most money- The quickest fingers- knowing the system inside and out- and access to Private and Public Lands in more then 1 Zone.

I stand by what,I have always said- in a small state like New Jersey- 3 Spring Gobblers is more then Generous.  That should be the Max limit.

Just  a Small group is taking advantage of the Prospect of killing Many Gobblers in New Jersey. Who knows how many. And that Small group will grow every Spring as many more Young Turkey Hunters try to emulate the Hunters killing the most Gobblers in just 1 State. Just stay off Social Media and you are good. 

The only ones defending this are the ones benefiting from this Loophole.  Meanwhile there are men who can't pull a Turkey Permit- but would like to hunt.

The Quotes can continue.  It brings this Thread back to the Top where more can see it.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

2 hours ago, Septicdude said:

Tell that to gobblergetter and let me know what he thinks.  Pretty sure he's up to 4+ every week.

mike k has already known my stance back years now. He can read my reply to video below.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

1 minute ago, Fred Flintstone said:

You can thank chenrossi for getting this going back on page 1.

I guarantee many members here would like to say something- but won't risk it.

This System has a bad Loophole that just a select few can exploit. Those with the most Time off- the most money- The quickest fingers- knowing the system inside and out- and access to Private and Public Lands in more then 1 Zone.

I stand by what,I have always said- in a small state like New Jersey- 3 Spring Gobblers is more then Generous.  That should be the Max limit.

Just  a Small group is taking advantage of the Prospect of killing Many Gobblers in New Jersey. Who knows how many. And that Small group will grow every Spring as many more Young Turkey Hunters try to emulate the Hunters killing the most Gobblers in just 1 State. Just stay off Social Media and you are good. 

The only ones defending this are the ones benefiting from this Loophole.  Meanwhile there are men who can't pull a Turkey Permit- but would like to hunt.

The Quotes can continue.  It brings this Thread back to the Top where more can see it.

But you give no facts as to why only feelings.

Fact Spring Gobblers season has zero effect on population 

Fact.  Life span of wild turkey is 3to5 years

Fact breeding is mostly done before we even get in the soods

I don’t no if spring gobbler season has zero effect on population

if that were totally true most states wouldn’t have reduced bag limits and shorted Seasons in the past few years 

Some research I read from Georgia Tennessee and the nwtf suggests that’s a start    

habitat is key    Dry warm spring    Predator control    All play a part but something needs to be done 

while I don’t believe anyone shoots 29 birds  a year   Or even close to that but I’ll bet some get close to 8 

I saw nj hunters took 25 hens in the fall season    Maybe for starters that’s 25 to many 

Maybe the idea behind a season limit is more about fairness to other sportsman.   

we all argue or disagree on the number of nj buck tags.  6 to 7 or 3 or 2.  

back when my dad started in the early 50s. You went out.  Got your buck and were done.   

pa and Ohio are still that way   Maybe everything should have some sort of limit to create a more   Fair system   For all

2 minutes ago, fab said:

Maybe the idea behind a season limit is more about fairness to other sportsman.   

we all argue or disagree on the number of nj buck tags.  6 to 7 or 3 or 2.  

back when my dad started in the early 50s. You went out.  Got your buck and were done.   

pa and Ohio are still that way   Maybe everything should have some sort of limit to create a more   Fair system   For all

That's just it emotion has no place in it.  I haven't shot a bird in 2 seasons but have had oppurtunity.  

27 minutes ago, fab said:

habitat is key    Dry warm spring    Predator control    All play a part but something needs to be done 

There’s an article in the April edition of American Hunter  called “There No Turkey Like an Eastern.”  Author says that biologists are looking into the possibility of diseases like the West Nile virus and others as possible causes  contributing to the decline in the turkey population.