IGNORED

Why Bother with Saltwater Fishing

59 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

If you are going to dish it out you need to take it like a man instead of crying about it.

:doh2:    :rofl:  He Still doesn't get it :focus:  I am not the Target. and tired of   :sleeping:     :fishing:   :poke:  with you  :acclaim: Fool 

Remain Ignored :censored:

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

On 3/23/2024 at 4:03 PM, 1957Buck said:

:doh2: Been some time since I Fished the Bayshore & Out Front and any Boats Had in mind to do some with my Grandsons, 

With the limits, it has become catch-and-release for the minority and cost-prohibitive for the majority. that just wanted to put food on the table. & share with Family & Friends   Many are on hard times and any Boat fishing is out of the question.  

:shock: Bluefish 3 fish for private/Shore Angler  And 5 fish if you are on a fore Hire Vessal.   So a Bucket sitter keeps 3 and someone puts out some $150- $200 including experience at a  minimum keeps 5 like only $25 +++ per fish :confused:   For $25+ I want that Fish Broiled with a Beer Fries Coleslaw & cup of Chowder  & Pc of Key Lime Pie 

I never went on any party Head Boat for Just the Ride it was to fill my freezer and Share with others. 

All this 1 Fish 2-3-4 -5.  I will pay a visit to The Belford Fishery Co-Op to get my senior discount and be ahead.  

And when conditions are just right do a Catch and release with my Grandson's  from shore, 

IMG_20240323_0002.jpg

Why bother?  Because you're fishing. If you're gonna measure or judge something based on what's not in your cooler, you're doing it wrong. 

Get out there enjoy yourself. 

Go read codaboys thread titled "osprey".  He got that experience because he's fishing.  

It's a day he'll never forget.... And he caught zero fish. 

simple answer - because it's FUN, exciting at times, challenging and something that can be enjoyed by yourself or with friends and family.   Getting food out of it is just an added bonus. 

ask yourself why many will thousands of dollars on a Marlin charter, for the shot at one big fish all day or possibly nothing at all, when you know going into it, there will be at best a pic or video, and a catch and release?

Same could be said for those that target tarpon, permit and bonefish.....   Not table fare - why bother?

Why do any of this at all?

Frankly surprised that any real outdoor sportsman would even ask this question. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

5 minutes ago, SPEARFISH said:

I could buy enough fish to eat for a year or two with how much $ it takes to fill the tank on my boat once.

:offtopic:  And now NJ is raising Gas by 2 cents a year for 5 Years :sleeping: Guess that means marine gas will go up 10 cents.  This all would be serious if not for being hilarious,  2 Cents,  

EV owners :clapping:  :tooth: You will not be left out, for you, a yearly Flat Tax, ( Fee )  Maybe those E Outboards may become popular,with a Sea Tow following.   

10 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

:offtopic:  And now NJ is raising Gas by 2 cents a year for 5 Years :sleeping: Guess that means marine gas will go up 10 cents.  This all would be serious if not for being hilarious,  2 Cents,  

EV owners :clapping:  :tooth: You will not be left out, for you, a yearly Flat Tax, ( Fee )  Maybe those E Outboards may become popular,with a Sea Tow following.   

Every time you either don't agree or don't have an answer you say off topic.  You brought up cost well him filling his boat with gas is a cost associated with fishing which is absolutely on topic

49 minutes ago, Sako76 said:

My neighbor told me head boats are $95?  Cost him like $165 to take his kid fishing!  Wowzer!

Bargain, Most are $105+ & $50+ for kids depending on the species