IGNORED

When is Baiting Feeding ???

I have been wanting to post this topic for some time till I found some documentation that has 2 sides;  And that the NJDFAG is a bit Hypocritical about approving baiting but banning feeding,  IMO they are the same.  Both are providing food that is not natural.  Both keep deer from their feeding habits.   

Are food plots a more natural way to attract deer as most are in place all year,  Modern Farming practices of clean harvesting have deer more dependent on natural foods come fall and winter. when the baiting is practiced distracting them. 

111.jpg

22.jpg

33.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

one could shape the debate to fit their narrative. 

• Do you plant a food plot to feed deer, attact deer, or bait deer?   Could the answer be "all of the above"?
  • Does one put down minerals in spring to provide deer with supplements for their health and growth, or to attact them in view of a camera, or to start conditioning/baiting them to a spot?    Could the answer be "all of the above"?
  • Are acorns feeding deer or baiting deer?  Certainly they attract deer - perhaps better than the prior two bullets. 

I think the intent of the law actually is - to discourage anti-hunters from feeding the deer, thus drawing them away from areas they can be hunted into areas they cannot be hunted, and quite frankly, it's really just as simple as that. 

If you are hunting a natural or man-made food source, consider it baiting and legal.  (In the act of, or operation of, or to influence the outcome of HUNTING).  

If you are feeding deer in a non-hunting scenario, it's illegal. 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

5 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

one could shape the debate to fit their narrative. 

• Do you plant a food plot to feed deer, attact deer, or bait deer?   Could the answer be "all of the above"?
  • Does one put down minerals in spring to provide deer with supplements for their health and growth, or to attact them in view of a camera, or to start conditioning/baiting them to a spot?    Could the answer be "all of the above"?
  • Are acorns feeding deer or baiting deer?  Certainly they attract deer - perhaps better than the prior two bullets. 

I think the intent of the law actually is - to discourage anti-hunters from feeding the deer, thus drawing them away from areas they can be hunted into areas they cannot be hunted, and quite frankly, it's really just as simple as that. 

If you are hunting a natural or man-made food source, consider it baiting and legal.  (In the act of, or operation of, or to influence the outcome of HUNTING).  

If you are feeding deer in a non-hunting scenario, it's illegal. 

Well, all that sounds reasonable. Let's see what Mr. Hammer thinks.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

one could shape the debate to fit their narrative

I fully Agree  That is exactly how the NJDFAG publishes it with no definitive answer, 

So setting out any food in a non-hunting environment would be considered illegal,   simply put.    

Edited by 1957Buck

1 hour ago, 1957Buck said:

I have been wanting to post this topic for some time till I found some documentation that has 2 sides;  And that the NJDFAG is a bit Hypocritical about approving baiting but banning feeding,  IMO they are the same.  Both are providing food that is not natural.  Both keep deer from their feeding habits.   

Are food plots a more natural way to attract deer as most are in place all year,  Modern Farming practices of clean harvesting have deer more dependent on natural foods come fall and winter. when the baiting is practiced distracting them. 

111.jpg

22.jpg

33.jpg

Feeding is NOT banned. Your entire argument is null and void. The DEP says “feeding is undesirable”. Nowhere does the document you post say it is banned. :banghead:

5 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Feeding is NOT banned. Your entire argument is null and void. The DEP says “feeding is undesirable”. Nowhere does the document you post say it is banned. :banghead:

:fishing:  It never stops :poke:  Where is the Argument it is posted under Discussion - And tagged Enter with an open mind,     Who mentioned banned?   Be constructive for once like the other respondants to the post. :cheers:

1957Buck

It never stops :poke:  Where is the Argument it is posted under Discussion - And tagged Enter with an open mind,     Who mentioned banned?   Be constructive for once like the other respondants to the post. :cheers:

I think you did:: 

So setting out any food in a non-hunting environment would be considered illegal,   simply put.    ” 

Edited by Lunatic

6 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

1957Buck

:fishing:  It never stops :poke:  Where is the Argument it is posted under Discussion - And tagged Enter with an open mind,     Who mentioned banned?   Be constructive for once like the other respondents to the post. :cheers:

I think you did:: 

So setting out any food in a non-hunting environment would be considered illegal,   simply put.    ” 

Possing a question is not a statement 

4 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

Possing a question is not a statement 

Here is your entire quote. Do you see a question? 

I fully Agree  That is exactly how the NJDFAG publishes it with no definitive answer, 

So setting out any food in a non-hunting environment would be considered illegal,   simply put.    

46 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

:fishing:  It never stops :poke:  Where is the Argument it is posted under Discussion - And tagged Enter with an open mind,     Who mentioned banned?   Be constructive for once like the other respondants to the post. :cheers:

YOU mentioned banned. In your first post. :rofl:

28 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

Get a life and read the context of the word 

You're getting out of line.  YOU said banned, and now you want others to change the meaning of the word to match whatever context you had in your mind?

The written excerpt you posted states the meanings clearly.  There is a big difference between baiting/feeding deer in an attempt to provide nutrition for them (when nature already does) versus baiting/feeding deer with the purpose of killing them during hunting.  

It's baiting if hunting on the feed or to lure them in for pics through the summer for hunting.  Feeding if just putting it out with no intent other than to fill their bellies.  It's neither feeding or baiting if you didn't put it there as with natural food sources.  

Just more waste of money like the bear posters.

The only problem  that,I see with the " year round" Deer Corn being put out is the Month before Spring Turkey Season opens and during Spring Turkey Season or March,April, + into late May.

It is very easy to " work around" the 300 ft barrier of being within your Bait Pile by placing the Bait Pile 600+ feet from Known Turkey Roost areas and simply setting up in the middle ground and wait on the Hungry Hens to drag the Gobblers behind and into the Gun. 

If this happens on Public Ground and another Turkey Hunter unknowingly enters within the 300 foot circular barrier and kills a Gobbler and a Game Man just happens to be around because he has knowledge  of the Deer Corn Location-- well guess who pays the Fine..

I believe  Nick March had a similar Thread going back when,I joined in 2019.

If this happens on Private in Turkey Rich Zones - 15,16,20,21,22-  a turkey Hunter could sit in the same spot the next day after killing a Gobbler on his Land and take another the next day if he replenishes the Deer Corn.  

It won't  take the Turkey Hens but a few weeks to realize  that the Dinner Bell has rung over in Yonder Hardwoods near the Big Field. Better get to the Pile before the Hungry Deer.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge.