IGNORED

Anyone Here Purposely Make a Noise to Make the Buck Stop in Its Tracks, Before Letting the Arrow Fly?

BothBarrels

Over bait it's not necessary .. but on trails I do it often.

In the rut I've had to yell at them loud to get them to stop and sometimes they still won't. Depends how hard the chase is.

Do it at full draw- but don't think you need to rush the shot. You still have time to settle in on a spot before letting it fly. I'd you wish you will likely miss or wound.

3 hours ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

Over bait it's not necessary .. but on trails I do it often.

In the rut I've had to yell at them loud to get them to stop and sometimes they still won't. Depends how hard the chase is.

Do it at full draw- but don't think you need to rush the shot. You still have time to settle in on a spot before letting it fly. I'd you wish you will likely miss or wound.

That’s good advice. I screwed up a couple times rushing the shot when they stop it’s a little tricky with the longbow where you can draw back way before.

Its the only way, like others said have your weapon up and ready to go. I shot a buck running a doe during the rut and had to baa very loud five times before she stopped which stopped him and luckily I sealed the deal. In most cases a very low baa will stop them:up:

All my shots are on trails, so I do it almost every time.  I draw when they are behind a tree, and do the Maaa.  I've never scared one, and it stops them every time.  I did do the cow Mehh in desperation at a 100 yarder getting ready to disappear into corn.  He stopped and looked back perfectly.  I'm surprised at some of the responses.  I kind of assumed that everyone else did the same thing.