IGNORED

Mini Electric Chainsaw

Gman

22 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

I went through 5 heavy duty course blades and a lot of time and pressure to cut through the base of 2 huckleberry bushes with about 8 trunks each, 1" to 1.5" in diameter, with a sawzall.  

Have 5 more to do, and a lot of limbs to cut up, so I just ordered this.  comes with 4 chains and 2 batteries.  The chain should cut a lot better.

https://www.amazon.com/Zeeksaw-Chainsaw-Cordless-Bttery-Chains/dp/B0CJFGCPZ3

I bought the same one with only 2 chains for $49. It was $20 off of regular price of $69. 

26 minutes ago, archer36 said:

I bought the same one with only 2 chains for $49. It was $20 off of regular price of $69. 

Think I opened your link but it was more than that today.  Think it said $10 off and was 79.99 for the pro kit with 2nd battery.  I got the same kit with the extra 2 pack of chains for 75.  Need that extra battery if it dies halfway through a cut, and 4 chains will last me a while.  I'm not on prime either

2 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Think I opened your link but it was more than that today.  Think it said $10 off and was 79.99 for the pro kit with 2nd battery.  I got the same kit with the extra 2 pack of chains for 75.  Need that extra battery if it dies halfway through a cut, and 4 chains will last me a while.  I'm not on prime either

Yeah, they are changing the prices/coupons all the time. I think they track sales and adjust accordingly. They have lots of technology to do this. 

Just now, archer36 said:

Yeah, they are changing the prices/coupons all the time. I think they track sales and adjust accordingly. They have lots of technology to do this. 

I had a gift card that I was looking to spend on something I probably wouldn't buy myself.  It didn't cost me, and it's something I've been wanting to get to make things a little easier in the yard, but didn't need it that badly to spend money on it.

3 hours ago, Greybeard said:

I went through 5 heavy duty course blades and a lot of time and pressure to cut through the base of 2 huckleberry bushes with about 8 trunks each, 1" to 1.5" in diameter, with a sawzall.  

If the Zeeksaw works as well as the Saker saw that I purchased you will cut through a 1.5 diameter trunk in about 2 seconds. 

I've used the sawzall myself to do some trimming, wish I knew about these mini saws back then!  

4 hours ago, Greybeard said:

Here's something weird. I went to the Amazon link yesterday on my own account, saw $20 off coupon with listed price of 79.99 (so basically works out to $60). Well, I wanted to order it with Prime for the fast shipping, but I don't have Prime - my daughter does. She logs into her Prime account and the $20 off coupon is still there but the listed price was 69.99!! 10 dollars cheaper! So I bought it with her account, with tax came out to $53.

I didn't know Prime accounts get cheaper prices - I just thought you got the free shipping

(BTW, I already got the saw today - I'm charging the batteries now).

Harbor Freight ran a special a couple months ago that let you pick out a free tool if you bought a battery. Although the battery was $139, I got a chainsaw that I could use for light work and also use the battery for my hedge trimmer. But this was exactly what I needed  for light trimming and cutting up fallen branches. So had my daughter order one last night (she has Prime) and it was delivered today. At this price with 2 batteries, for $49. saw is like free. FYI, if you have a gas weedeater, getting a brush blade is a real game changer for cutting paths. I had a mess of forsythia to remove and it went through any brush up to 1+ inches like butter.

16 hours ago, 308federal said:

STIHL has an electric GTA 26(4 inch bar) for $179.99,

That Stihl will likely last a lifetime, I think these Chinese knock offs will break after a few dozen uses.... But for $40-$50 bucks I think they are worth a try...  I'm happy I got my deer path completed....was worth the $40 for me. 

14 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Here's something weird. I went to the Amazon link yesterday on my own account, saw $20 off coupon with listed price of 79.99 (so basically works out to $60). Well, I wanted to order it with Prime for the fast shipping, but I don't have Prime - my daughter does. She logs into her Prime account and the $20 off coupon is still there but the listed price was 69.99!! 10 dollars cheaper! So I bought it with her account, with tax came out to $53.

I didn't know Prime accounts get cheaper prices - I just thought you got the free shipping

Over $35 is free shipping with amazon without prime.  May take a couple more days but usually comes before the delivery date which is Saturday.  Don't need it right away anyway.  There was an 8% off coupon with the sale too.  Just had to click on it.  Few extra bucks didn't matter more to me than getting 2 batteries and 4 chains .  Don't know exactly what I ended up paying because I also ordered an American flag with it.  Mine looks like it went through a civil war.  Needed another one before the next civil war. Going to be a chainsaw massacre with all these saws we're buying.

15 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

That's what I got it for with overnight shipping. 

4 minutes ago, Gman said:

That Stihl will likely last a lifetime, I think these Chinese knock offs will break after a few dozen uses.... But for $40-$50 bucks I think they are worth a try...  I'm happy I got my deer path completed....was worth the $40 for me. 

It has a 1 year warranty though. 

12 minutes ago, Kayak Ken said:

I just hate having different batteries and charges. I would rather spend $99 and get the ryobi one. 

Ryobi tools and batteries are at the low end .

with anything more than occasional use the batteries stop taking a full charge .

since switching out all my main tools to Milwaukee there is no turning back 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

30 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Going to be a chainsaw massacre with all these saws we're buying.

My landscaping is going to be looking pretty sparse in the spring... "Oh, look at this branch.. lemme trim that... ZIIIIIIIP!.... oh, this other branch has got to go.. ZIIIIIIIP..... gee, this shrub needs a trim... ZIIIIIIIP" ....  :)