IGNORED

1/8 Check In

56 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Heading out.  Don't know how far I'll get in this snow.  Younger days I'd be walking looking for track all day.  I'd wear snow shoes but they are too noisy.  Hope there's tracks at my blind.   Good luck today to anyone else getting out !

Looks like there is less snow on top of the mountain than there is down here in the valley. Good luck Bob:cheers:

Does seem less snow up here. Settled since yesterday.  Still deep in spots.

Crossed the first tracks going to the other guys bait. Took the long way around and there are more tracks over here, also going between us. Bear tracks too. Think the bears are keeping them down lower. Lot of track just past me in a valley were they been in the acorns. Going to see if I can find a spot there for tonight before heading out later.

Good luck to all those out. I am hoping to get an afternoon sit in today. 

I want to walk to check out a spot, more scouting tracks. But if I go to that spot it does not leave me a good access for my evening sit. So will probably just head in around 2:30pm to sit off the bedding area between the 57 corn piles closer to the road. Closest corn pile to this set up is about 300 yards away. Snow should soften by this afternoon. I should be able to set up 50 yards outside of a 2 acre size thicket. Wind in my face as I watch the bedding. 

I am the Lorax - I speak for the trees. 

I would love to get out, if for nothing else than to scout my areas with the new snow, I always learn something new after a fresh snow. Unfortunately I cant hunt until Saturday and the snow will likely be gone.