IGNORED

Price drop - Ozonics OrionX

Bmelvin

9 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

Come on Jack! Time to change tactics a little bit. Maybe the Ozonics will cover your stank.......

a hermetically sealed bubble could not cover my stank! only the right wind works. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, gregtpal said:

I suggest listing on NJ Hunter, FB marketplace, etc.

I recall there were a good number on here who were believers when it came up in the past so surprised no one has made an offer yet.

I think the “believers” realized that hunting the wind is cheaper😂

9 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Fixed it for you 

While I’m not a believer in scent gimmicks .

not much makes me laugh more than PLAY THE WIND

in Nj the deer are also playing the wind , bedding in different spots , moving to feed also using the wind to their advantage .

its the main reason certain deer only show up on the wrong wind , because its the only time they enter an area when it’s that direction .

being clean and scent free as possible us ten times more effective than just playing the wind .

I would go as far as to say over half my better bucks came in from down wind .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

6 hours ago, gregtpal said:

I suggest listing on NJ Hunter, FB marketplace, etc.

I recall there were a good number on here who were believers when it came up in the past so surprised no one has made an offer yet.

I don’t use NJ Hunter anymore but I have posted it all over hunting pages on FB and market place. Not even  a nibble. 

34 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

in Nj the deer are also playing the wind , bedding in different spots , moving to feed also using the wind to their advantage .

its the main reason certain deer only show up on the wrong wind , because its the only time they enter an area when it’s that direction .

being clean and scent free as possible us ten times more effective than just playing the wind .

Far from a pro hunter. Makes no sense what you are saying....maybe in rut when guard is down. Unless I am misunderstanding you, you are saying you killed half of your deer when your wind was blowing towards deer????

Just now, nmc02 said:

Far from a pro hunter. Makes no sense what you are saying....maybe in rut when guard is down. Unless I am misunderstanding you, you are saying you killed half of your deer when your wind was blowing towards deer????

My guess is on the edge of the wind.  Slightly better fir you than the deer.  I have been doing very well hunting 25 yrds off a run I know deer are using walking into the wind.  I no longer hunt with wind in my face much

Just now, nmc02 said:

That’s exactly what I’m saying .

‘bucks will change their bedding areas when winds shift .

unlike mountain areas where deer will predominantly bed on ridges . Farmland deer move all over to bed Depending on wind direction .

On  some farms I hunt deer only will even walk through certain areas when the wind is in their favor . , and those spots never get traveled when the wind would be right to hunt them .

a lot of care needs to be taken to not blow those spots up .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

9 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

That’s exactly what I’m saying .

‘bucks will change their bedding areas when winds shift .

unlike mountain areas where deer will predominantly bed on ridges . Farmland deer move all over to bed Depending on wind direction .

On  some farms I hunt deer only will even walk through certain areas when the wind is in their favor . , and those spots never get traveled when the wind would be right to hunt them .

a lot of care needs to be taken to not blow those spots up .

I am far from an expert, but have seen most deer stop and turn around when they catch your wind. It seems to go against what most preach. I personally only hunt stands w wind in my face and seldom get "caught." Please explain in greater detail, always up to listen & learn....In another post (don't want to blow up this one any more).

Edited by nmc02

2 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Ok!