IGNORED

Nothing beats hunting with family

rgw

Spent the last 3 days hunting with family and couldn’t ask for a better 3 days, today you could tell the birds were getting a little shy but we still managed to fool a few. We set up an hour before shooting time 20 minutes before shooting time the flood gates of hunters arrived scaring birds everywhere but at shooting light we made our shots count, after that we went to the Brant grounds, there was already someone there with a mojo duck decoy on a tall pole could see it a long way off so we set up a good way away and coaxed our Brant in rather quickly, and headed to the barn.

IMG_8901.jpeg

IMG_8902.jpeg

IMG_8900.jpeg

IMG_8903.jpeg

IMG_8904.jpeg

IMG_8905.jpeg

IMG_8899.jpeg

This post has been promoted to an article

Wasn't me... @rgw was clearly hunting where there were birds... Apparently, I was not :lookaround:

Congrats on the Brant! Too bad it's only limit of 1. They are fun hunting when you are on their X... I saw a lot today. Brant are funny ... any shot they hear (could be a mile away) and they all kick up. Paranoid they are (well, I guess it isn't paranoia if they are in season and people really are out to get them :tooth:)

18 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Wasn't me... @rgw was clearly hunting where there were birds... Apparently, I was not :lookaround:

Congrats on the Brant! Too bad it's only limit of 1. They are fun hunting when you are on their X... I saw a lot today. Brant are funny ... any shot they hear (could be a mile away) and they all kick up. Paranoid they are (well, I guess it isn't paranoia if they are in season and people really are out to get them :tooth:)

Where you hunted today, did you hunt general area opening day of first split 

Edited by rgw

1 minute ago, mazzgolf said:

No, the only time I coastal hunted the first split this year was oceanside for sea duck. Where I was today, I'm likely nowhere near you... I was in Cape May County.

Ok yea we are no where close, I am great bay

8 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

No, the only time I coastal hunted the first split this year was oceanside for sea duck. Where I was today, I'm likely nowhere near you... I was in Cape May County.

I am glad it wasn’t you because if it was I wasn’t sure if I should have messaged you to tell you that you’re boat stuck out like a sore thumb, I literally seen this guys boat a half mile away