IGNORED

11/4 Check In

Greybeard

1 hour ago, JHbowhunter said:

I believe exact opposite to be true.  When u have a very high doe to buck ratio, mature bucks do not have to work hard or travel far.  So they finish one doe, roll outta bed and there is the next one.  Gone into a thicket where cannot even be seen and breed for 7-10 days before being exposed again. I believe they full moon 10/28 sent far too many does into estrous all at once.  Deer orgy. 

Bingo ! 

I believe exact opposite to be true.  When u have a very high doe to buck ratio, mature bucks do not have to work hard or travel far.  So they finish one doe, roll outta bed and there is the next one.  Gone into a thicket where cannot even be seen and breed for 7-10 days before being exposed again. I believe they full moon 10/28 sent far too many does into estrous all at once.  Deer orgy. 

I agree If you have more doe than Buck ratio. What i am saying is less Doe less breeding not much buck movement. The areas I hunt use to be overrun with Doe the rut was wild Buck movement was crazy end of Oct. early Nov. Even in the first weeks of December. . Really not that way anymore. There's not that many Doe-like years ago. My area is public. Where I live and cannot hunt there are many Doe and I see bucks on the move all day long this time of year. Don't get me wrong it is the way it is supposed to be as far as ratio. Where I live the doe ratio is way to high. . Your Zone may be different or if you have private property you can manage. 

1 hour ago, electricstart said:

I agree If you have more doe than Buck ratio. What i am saying is less Doe less breeding not much buck movement. The areas I hunt use to be overrun with Doe the rut was wild Buck movement was crazy end of Oct. early Nov. Even in the first weeks of December. . Really not that way anymore. There's not that many Doe-like years ago. My area is public. Where I live and cannot hunt there are many Doe and I see bucks on the move all day long this time of year. Don't get me wrong it is the way it is supposed to be as far as ratio. Where I live the doe ratio is way to high. . Your Zone may be different or if you have private property you can manage. 

it cannot be both at the same time.  When there are fewer does per bucks, the bucks will travel much farther and move more often.   Less does being bread means a lot more buck movement.  now if you have far less bucks as well and far less does, well it stands to reason would see less of both.  

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

it cannot be both at the same time.  When there are fewer does per bucks, the bucks will travel much farther and move more often.   Less does being bread means a lot more buck movement.  now if you have far less bucks as well and far less does, well it stands to reason would see less of both.  

agree definitely less deer/ Bucks and doe. I do see more Bucks though. 

I hunted yesterday afternoon, saw 13 does and two 2 1/2 year old bucks, very surprised they werent dogging the does after all the chasing I have seen all week/ Also had two idiots chasing their unleashed dog that was chasing deer, they finally caught up to it 20 minutes later :censored:

10 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

Yup, they'll go miles away to find does someplace else.  I rather have a dozen mature doe hanging around the area than just one or two. Mature doe gravitate toward mature bucks and will draw in other satellite bucks including big bucks never seen before.  I hunt for the areas where I'll see a lot of doe.  They draw in the bucks and the competition begins with more bucks chasing the same does. The more does to breed the longer the action will last.