IGNORED

Whole lot of Topshots

hammer4reel

I use this line for just about all my top shots on braid . For most inshore set ups .

at about 12-15’ each time for top shot , another 3’ for teasers 

took a bunch of years to use up 4750 yards 

IMG_1927.jpeg

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Why do you use top shot for bottom fishing? I would think less mono the  better - less stretch which is the point of braid in first place. 

I just go braid to swivel then 3’ of 40# mono for leader dropper and bucktail.  

I know there has to be some advantage if you are doing that………

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

31 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Why do you use top shot for bottom fishing? I would think less mono the  better - less stretch which is the point of braid in first place. 

I just go braid to swivel then 3’ of 40# mono for leader dropper and bucktail.  

I know there has to be some advantage if you are doing that………

No hardware , and many spots we fish have well over a 10’ raise in structure . So looking for abrasion resistance .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

17 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

No hardware , and many spots we fish have well over a 10’ raise in structure . So looking for abrasion resistance .

That would explain my 8 bucktail donation to the reef fund Saturday.   And that was after at least 10 good recoveries back tracked on. Thanks. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

29 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

That would explain my 8 bucktail donation to the reef fund Saturday.   And that was after at least 10 good recoveries back tracked on. Thanks. 

Has anyone ever sent down one of those underwater fishing line cameras and see what some of these wrecks/artificial reefs look like? I bet it's like a Christmas tree with all the ornaments (bucktails, etc). stuck on it :) 

13 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Has anyone ever sent down one of those underwater fishing line cameras and see what some of these wrecks/artificial reefs look like? I bet it's like a Christmas tree with all the ornaments (bucktails, etc). stuck on it :) 

Divers clean up especially on Shrewsbury rocks!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

13 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

They rust rather quickly. Never sent a camera but I have dove a few of them.