IGNORED

Waste of Taxpayer Dollars

So now Merrill Creek has to have Sheriff officers stand a boat ramp and harass fishermen. Guess Warren County has no crime so they bored. Sure there is way better things for them to be doing. And if Merrill Creek can hire Sheriff officers to patrol maybe they can hire people to open like it was. See even Republicans can be (expletive deleted) communist if you line there pockets

Edited by Bucksnbows
Cursing

How did they harass fishermen?

I know nothing about Merrill Creek, but don't people complain about riff raff coming in and destroying areas with their huge swimming gatherings and dumping diapers and trash on shorelines of lakes and creeks up north?

Personally, I'd rather COs and police around - helps keep the riff raff out - I don't mind having to show my fishing license or whatever to the man. ;) 

(but again I have no idea if that kind of thing is what was going on at Merrill Creek.)

7 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

How did they harass fishermen?

I know nothing about Merrill Creek, but don't people complain about riff raff coming in and destroying areas with their huge swimming gatherings and dumping diapers and trash on shorelines of lakes and creeks up north?

Personally, I'd rather COs and police around - helps keep the riff raff out - I don't mind having to show my fishing license or whatever to the man. ;) 

(but again I have no idea if that kind of thing is what was going on at Merrill Creek.)

Anything you get from Merrill Creek is a gift. It’s a private property which allows fishing and hunting. It’s a liability for them and I’m sure having police at the ramp is a mitigating factor. 

I find it hard to believe the owners of Merrill creek are just being nice and are allowing fishing.   There must be some agreement in place that is forcing them to allow fishing.  

I spent most of my money on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.

4 hours ago, CJ3a said:

I find it hard to believe the owners of Merrill creek are just being nice and are allowing fishing.   There must be some agreement in place that is forcing them to allow fishing.  

I hunted there for one year as what they call associate member. We were told they don’t have to allow hunting or fishing and they have their own rules on everything. 

ever think they are also there cause kids and others do stupid things on and around the water that can cause harm to themselves, others, and the water and surrounding grounds, just like NJSP patrol lakes and other waterways  this is really no different and I'm sure the owners of Merrill Creek is paying for the officers to be present .....cheaper to pay the officers then lawsuit for someone's stupidity 

7 hours ago, NotJust22s said:

I’m sure Merrill Creek is paying for the Officers, not taxpayers. 
don’t get me wrong, I agree it sucks but it is privately owned and they don’t have to let you fish at all.

Approvals for it being build had to guarantee access .

it’s privately owned pulling its water from a public resource .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

7 hours ago, Lunatic said:

Anything you get from Merrill Creek is a gift. It’s a private property which allows fishing and hunting. It’s a liability for them and I’m sure having police at the ramp is a mitigating factor. 

See previous post .

in order to build it they had to guarantee access  

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/