IGNORED

All Done- Hell Of A Spring Turkey Season.

Fred Flintstone

I got to enjoy  30 days in both New York + New Jersey.

I believe  this is the 1st year,I did not Kill at least 1 Mature Gobbler since back in 1993. 

Called in 2 Jakes early on in New York and- no pass. Killed 1 of them.

Called in a Gobbler  for Cynthia and She took him home.

She came close yesterday.  She wanted to hunt a area by herself  and called in 2 big Longbeards to 65 yards. Who then Split on either side of her and kept walking! 

Maybe I'm wrong- but the Gobblers seem Tougher to kill since back in the 1990s  and on. Around 2015 or so,I noticed the change. 

Every 2 Weeks starting around mid June,I plan to make 3 big Dusting Pits in the Hardwoods and return to keep them Stirred up every few weeks.

I know there are 6 Longbeards  who made it and at least 6 Jakes. 

Plenty of Hiking now. And it was nice to get up this Morning  at 6.30am.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

I was lucky enough to score the first day, the second day, and the last day of the season - with nothing in between! I did see and hear birds many days (not all) during that "dry" period of B, C, E, and almost all of D, but I have to say the birds were much more quiet this year than I can remember. If I was within ear shot of a roost, I would hear a few gobbles, but once they were on the ground, they seemed to all get quiet.  And this was happening in different spots, not just one area, and included private not just public property. I think the message must be getting out - the birds got the memo and are telling each other, "shut up, or get shot in the face." LOL

I scored in NC but not in NJ.  Heard some gobbles on the roost on the A opener. Later that morning a hen walked in followed by a strutting tom 60-70 yards out.  No shot.  Other than that it was very quiet. Still enjoyed being out.  Congratulations to everyone who harvested one.

7 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

I was lucky enough to score the first day, the second day, and the last day of the season - with nothing in between! I did see and hear birds many days (not all) during that "dry" period of B, C, E, and almost all of D, but I have to say the birds were much more quiet this year than I can remember. If I was within ear shot of a roost, I would hear a few gobbles, but once they were on the ground, they seemed to all get quiet.  And this was happening in different spots, not just one area, and included private not just public property. I think the message must be getting out - the birds got the memo and are telling each other, "shut up, or get shot in the face." LOL

More like if you gobble, You get eaten !

Trappers ed is held in Sept. And Oct. In the northern region 

12 hours ago, Recurve hntr said:

Fred I have to say an enjoy reading your posts. You’re a good guy. I believe u did good this season! Congrats!

Thanks.  Happy,I got the Jake. 

I have alot of Interests and post in alot of different  Forums.

You won't  just see me in Political and Battling it out on a daily basis- lol. 

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge.